What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #11  
Smut - for all I know the Kioti might be better than the Kubota. I've had dealings with both dealerships and chose the one over the other when he sold me a Ford( my first tractor - 1982 ). Let me put it this way - I would not take my 16# sledge hammer to the local Kioti dealership for repairs or service.

And I'm real sorry - but YOU CAN NOT rule out the quality of the dealership when you are considering the purchase of a new tractor.

My new 2009 Kubota M6040 has all the controls in the "right places", fits me like a glove and has plenty of power. I couldn't ask for much more

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #12  
The tractor that is a right fit for you is the best one, period.
I sat on a L3301 and tried to picture whole day of loader work. Short guy that I am it was a no brainer. NOPE.
Drove the Kioti, loader control right there next to my leg easy reach easy peasy.
As far as insurance another YMMV issue, Farm Bureau insures Kioti and all implements along with our barndominium at very reasnable cost versus insuring our old house alone.

So whats the summary, again whatever fits your own need, both are good machines.
Value wise now, the Kioti may get one a few more bells and whistles the kubota. but YMMV always applies..:)

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #14  
I have seen where ppl say things like Kubota is better than Kioti or just make comments like go with Kubota ect ect ect.
Well what is it that makes Kubota better than Kioti?

Maybe it's because of that goofy treadle for the hydro that Kubota has ....

Oh wait, that can't possibly be it! :eek:

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #15  
I personally stick with Kubota because I have a decent dealer nearby, have had several Kubota machines and they been very reliable, and when I looked at the others the price was almost the same and around our area the Kubota's have excellent resale.

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #16  
Both brands are fine and make good machines. I'd give the nod to Kubota if you need a CVT (Kioti doesn't offer it) if not it's a toss of the coin.
Other things to consider are KTAC, dealer support/expertise and its proximity.

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #17  
I am looking at buying another tractor, and am going to give Kioti a good look. I will say, however, that my experiences with Kubotas put them in the same league for me as Honda, Toyota, Leupold rifle scopes, and SONY electronics.

I'll never say other brands aren't as good ( and perhaps even better), but I've never been disappointed and have been very satisfied with the brands I have mentioned-and have numerous examples of all of them.

Will

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #18  
I have to say that it's the color. :thumbsup:

I also agree with Will_C though. I looked at Kioti and Massey, but the prices were all in the same ball park.

I am looking at buying another tractor, and am going to give Kioti a good look. I will say, however, that my experiences with Kubotas put them in the same league for me as Honda, Toyota, Leupold rifle scopes, and SONY electronics.

I'll never say other brands aren't as good ( and perhaps even better), but I've never been disappointed and have been very satisfied with the brands I have mentioned-and have numerous examples of all of them.

Will
I've only had two, but my father owned at least a half dozen starting with the L245 which he traded the 8N towards, way back in 1978.
If anybody made something which compared to my 275, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Just after I bought the tractor and my land 15 years ago things went south for me; for most of the time I owned it I ran the crap out of that tractor, with little to no maintenance. I would still have it but the loader was broken almost in two; and rather than spend the money to fix it I decided to upgrade.

Last edited:
   / What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #19  
I think having more of the development & manufacturing under one umbrella is an advantage. I like that Kubota makes the tractor & the engine. I think that leads to a more refined & cohesive rig. Company history & reputation also plays a part, along with the dealer.

When I was shopping last summer, I went in as unbiased as possible, and test drove most competitors. They are all solid & capable. It's really splitting hairs to find the one that best suits you. For me, I felt the KB was more refined, thoughtfully designed, and well assembled. Not by leaps & bounds certainly, but small details add up. Others may see it differently, of course. I also try to shop value vs. just bottom dollar.

Lots to consider, but really no wrong choice....just best choice for you. :)

/ What Makes Kubota Better Than Kioti #20  

Will
Agree.
Some Kioti tractors are nicer than others, same for Kubota, but add up all the little or not so little plus and minuses, the above quote generally holds and can apply to Kubota.
Note Kioti quality has definitely improved in the last 10-15 years.
PS, Isn't a same when a once reputable brand slips into crap and looses it reputation. hard built, easily lost.