what on earth does electricity cost near you?

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #741  
Content not available when I attempted...
small polystyrene pellets that transfer in and out of a window unit. Not earth shattering, but slightly cute if never seen before.

Who ever posted that on Ytube flicked on some control (that I hadn't encountered before) that won't allow playback on any other site. (Sorry, didn't find that out, until I'd posted). Centre-bottom of the image that comes up on my screen (of my post) has a "Watch on Youtube" link - which did work in a new Tab when I clicked it.

State of internet-malarkey in '22...... aka First World "Problems" :cool:.....

Rgds, D.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #742  
Currently at my apartment I have a 230$ electric bill due for last month. That is extremely high compared to the 80$ I used to pay. The place is total electric. Heating and the water heater seem to take a lot of electric at my place.

I'm looking to buy a house. Trying to learn what's a good price for electric and what's a high price. My apartment is 900 square foot one level. Way too much to heat the place at 70ーF. I plan to use a combination at my house I am buying. Firewood is highly considered especially in a fireplace in a main room where the heat and flames can be enjoyed directly and the garage I would like to heat with wood to keep my tractor warm and be able to repair my own vehicles out of the -14ー outside temps.

Thanks,
Trent
Last
Month my parents paid $192.88 Canadian for a mere 1158Kwh of power .
Prices were less than half that prior to Having to subsidize wind and solar power generation .

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #743  
Last
Month my parents paid $192.88 Canadian for a mere 1158Kwh of power .
Prices were less than half that prior to Having to subsidize wind and solar power generation .
That is C$0.17 per KWh, which is quite low, and 38 KWh/day. Why so much power use? A/C and a hot month?

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #744  
Heat pump , electric range , well pump , electric water heater ,two fridges and two freezers

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #746  
We just had a $.045 cent hike/ adjustment added on top in tennesee. Base rate is up to $.08.

So total its about $.13 per kwh. going to be rough

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #747  
If only to make you guys in TN feel a bit better:

Our summer baseline quantity went down Jun 1st from 15 KWh/day to 8.5 KWH/day. That means anything over the baseline is about US$.57 per KWh at peak hours (4-9PM).

Gasoline just dipped below $6. Woo-hoo.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #748  
Fuel is down especially at the high volume stations… down 60 cents a gallon to 5.37

Rooftop solar is too popular in CA with a million installs so far… so much so there is a equity push to add a monthly $50-60 infrastructure fee and sharpen the period of time before full implementation as early adopters promised 20 years.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #749  
Just paid a commercial electric bill pre heat wave... $32,000 for 31 days which works out to 30 cents kWh...

PGE SF Bay Area August 2022.

/ what on earth does electricity cost near you? #750  
We just got another 1 cent hike in TN. Up to 13cents a kwh

Plus the $27 meter fee