What qualifies as a Vintage tractor?

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #11  
Thanks for letting me know about the Silver. Didn't know I did that much posting here.

I know what ya mean about getting out of bed in the morning. Gets harder and harder to climb out at 4:30 every morning just to beat the golfers to the course and that 48 mile drive gets longer everyday.

Bill

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor?
Bill,

Your welcome.

Well, at least you don't have to do that but about 3-4 months out of the year.

What do you do at a golf course that is frozen during the winter?

Don

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #13  
I'm the one who requested Muhammad to create this forum, and I suggested that it be named "Vintage Tractors" not antique tractors for a reason. As noted, there's a lot of debate about what an antique tractor is. An antique tractor is certainly vintage as well. For my money, a "Vintage Tractor" is any tractor that has been out of production for several years. I would consider the 1970 Leland vintage. Vintage is a loose category, and we can have fun with it!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #14  
<font color=red>Vintage is a loose category, and we can have fun with it!
</font color=red>

Ya, What he said. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #15  
ytmag.com say they specialize in antique tractors made before 1975. They are a pretty good source for "antique" info.
I think there is some loss of identity between vintage and antique, just in general. My '41 Farmall I would consider an antique, but a '60's 140 I don't think is a antique, but maybe vintage.

Where's Von? As an antique dealer, maybe he could shed some light on this

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #16  
Don,
During the winter I spend most of my time doing a teardown of the equipment and repairing whatever needs repaired.
We have about 45 major pieces of equipment such as tractors and mowers and 40 or so smaller ones such as trimmers and edgers. After 400 to 800 hours of abuse and misuse it needs some help.
I do get a break however and usually work 4 ten hour days instead of 5 tens and 4 to 6 on Saturday.

Bill

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #17  
Looks like you have the same loader as is on my Case DC.

I don't see too many of them around.

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #18  
My loader is a New Idea Horn Loader,came with the tractor and after getting tractor done I painted the loader allso.Great working loader put I plan on adding a cylinder to dump the loader instead of just the pin.
They made these loaders for just about every tractor made at the time,just changed the configuration enought ot fit each.

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #19  
Mine is also a Horn Loader. It has been great and has virtually no leakdown. I plan on taking it off this fall. I have the square front end to convert my DC from a tricycle to a 4 wheel tractor and a 4000 pound capacity Lull Shovel loader. All I need is the two lift cylinders, 4" X 30" ($200 each from Northern).

Hopefully I can fit the Horn to go on my 51 Case SC.

/ What qualifies as a Vintage tractor? #20  
Most tractor shows that I have gone to prefer 25+, but other factors at a show are not only age but uniqueness, rarity, condition, out of production, manufacturer still operating, unusual features, how long owned, etc. Your tractor would bring more interest than a much older but very common John Deere or Farmall.

I've had people chase me past rows of beautiful old Deere's to learn what my little tractor was and all about it!

You have as much right to be proud and show your tractor as anyone else.

It is also easier to preserve it than to restore it!!

Attachments

• 366503-zzzzz.JPG
    366503-zzzzz.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 136