Buying Advice What Should I Buy?

/ What Should I Buy? #21  
Depending on how much you split, a bottom line gas splitter from TSC is worth a look. I have been splitting about 8 cords a year for several years I've owned mine and it has done a very nice job. Definitely worth consideration if you're only splitting your own heating supply, or even sharing with a neighbor doing the same. Of course, if you're splitting many more cords, it might not be right for you. On the other hand, most dealers I have spoken with about it, say that the smaller (under 40 hp or so) CUTs have problems running splitters due to overheating the hydro fluid.

/ What Should I Buy? #22  
I was looking at the newer New Hollands and Kubotas as well. I read that the LS based New Hollands also have the Shibaura engines. Is that correct? They seem to have pretty much abandoned the smallest size CUTs though, with the 37 or so hp making the most sense from my point of view, except for price, which is very high.

Yes that is correct. The LS re-badged New Hollands have Shibaura's. Very nice tractors.

To the original post the advice here is spot on. A 40 HP tractor that weighs in the 4K pound range should have a FEL that will pick up around 1200-1500 pounds.

/ What Should I Buy? #23  
Howdy, neighbor!

I'm just down 29 from you, 5 miles east of River Falls. Depending on the condition of your old Kubota, I might be interested in that, when you are ready to upgrade.

Regarding what to buy for your next machine, there's two models I'd look at really hard, the Kubota L2501, and the Kioti ck2610. Both are almost identical in specs. They are essentially the same as the next two sizes up in both manufacturers lineup, but with detuned engines to avoid the new emissions standards. Now, I'm not entirely opposed to emissions controls, and they have benefits (not as stinky to operate, maybe quieter), but it's a more complicated setup, and adds to the price tag. I think you can get either of the models I suggested in hst, with a loader for under $20,000.

Also, you can look at the next two sizes up, Kubota 3301 and 3901 (not sure if kiotis numbers) if you want more HP, but you will pay more and get a computer with your tractor... You'd have to look at the exact specs, but loader capacity on all of these models is over #1000 if I recall correctly. To get more loader lift than that, you're looking at a 40+HP tractor and a 25k+ budget. Unless you buy used, of course.

Should you be interested, you'd be welcome to take either of my machines for a spin. My New Holland is very close on size to the models I'm suggesting, though I don't have a loader for it, so it might not be the best comparison.

/ What Should I Buy? #24  
Are you considering new or have you thought about used? You can get alot more for your money looking at ~200-300 hour tractors. My MX5100 HST with loader came to me with 328 hours IIRC, and cost 20k. There were alot of used L3800 and L4400/4600's out there too for a little less $$$ but I wanted bigger

/ What Should I Buy?
Howdy, neighbor!

I'm just down 29 from you, 5 miles east of River Falls. Depending on the condition of your old Kubota, I might be interested in that, when you are ready to upgrade.

Regarding what to buy for your next machine, there's two models I'd look at really hard, the Kubota L2501, and the Kioti ck2610. Both are almost identical in specs. They are essentially the same as the next two sizes up in both manufacturers lineup, but with detuned engines to avoid the new emissions standards. Now, I'm not entirely opposed to emissions controls, and they have benefits (not as stinky to operate, maybe quieter), but it's a more complicated setup, and adds to the price tag. I think you can get either of the models I suggested in hst, with a loader for under $20,000.

Also, you can look at the next two sizes up, Kubota 3301 and 3901 (not sure if kiotis numbers) if you want more HP, but you will pay more and get a computer with your tractor... You'd have to look at the exact specs, but loader capacity on all of these models is over #1000 if I recall correctly. To get more loader lift than that, you're looking at a 40+HP tractor and a 25k+ budget. Unless you buy used, of course.

Should you be interested, you'd be welcome to take either of my machines for a spin. My New Holland is very close on size to the models I'm suggesting, though I don't have a loader for it, so it might not be the best comparison.
Hello, thanks for the input...maybe I'll take you up on that down the road (no pun intended).

/ What Should I Buy?
Are you considering new or have you thought about used? You can get alot more for your money looking at ~200-300 hour tractors. My MX5100 HST with loader came to me with 328 hours IIRC, and cost 20k. There were alot of used L3800 and L4400/4600's out there too for a little less $$$ but I wanted bigger
Actually I've really only considered used...probably in the hour range that your talking about. With five kids and a gazillion bills new doesn't fit in our budget

/ What Should I Buy? #29  
Elite Forklift in Ramsey, MN has a

2015 KIOTI CK4010
Red
CK4010 Manual Ind Tires W/ KL4010 Loader see more...
Condition - New

$16,900

/ What Should I Buy? #30  
Nor sure if you would be interested in a Mahindra or not. There is a dealer to the west of you in Hammond Wi. Home - Vermeer Ag Equipment
I have a Mahindra 1533 and love it. Use a 6ft finish mower with no trouble. 6ft box blade and can't even tell it's back there sometimes. Use my tractor for pretty much the same as you. Just another option for you.