What Snake is this?

/ What Snake is this? #21  
Oh I'm not arguing with you. I flinch whenever I think something is going to hit me. A bird in the windshield, road rock, bug towards my face, etc. I don't think it's a fear mechanism with me but an avoidance of the object.

I've seen people with irrational fears of things. Snakes. Mice. Bees. I knew a woman who told me she was driving down the road, a bee came in the car (her worst fear), and the next thing she knew she was hanging upside down by her seatbelt in a corn field.

I've seen two women freak out and run away from a black cat at a garage sale. :ROFLMAO:

I remember as a little kid eating a PBJ sandwich outside at my parents' house and having a wasp land on my face and eat the jelly off of my lips. I was sitting at a little chair next to a window, and I turned and watched it in the reflection. I tapped on the window to get my mom's attention and she told me to hold still and let it finish.

It finished and flew away. I then ran into the house with the willies! YEESH! That was a tad unnerving. 😛
I thought you were disagreeing with my statement and you did brought a good point so I felt like expanding on my reasoning...

well its a defense mechanism because you most likely don't think to flinch you just do it's part of our danger instinctive reaction like our freeze, fight or flight mechanism ...

lol yes some phobia are funny and very hard to explain I've seen my aunt running across the potato field and locking herself in the truck because she saw a mice.

I also have seen a girl passing out each time she saw a snake even if it was a picture or in TV.

/ What Snake is this? #22  
We have copperhead where I live.
Yeah, we have those too. I haven't seen any in quite a number of years though. They used to hang around the fish pond in the branches of some shrubs around that. I guess they were waiting for birds or something. We also have Coral snakes. Haven't seen but two of those and that was years ago too. Now that I think about it, we used to be inundated with Roadrunners. They are fine snake hunters. They built nests in my 3-sided lawnmower shed and we had several generations here. It got to where they knew me and would go about their hunting when I'd walk to the barn, mow grass or just walk through the yard to one of the sheds.