What TBN use to be like

/ What TBN use to be like #191  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Should those of us who have been here for a spell, :D:D:D, get a special icon under our name? A Ol' TBN Geezer icon? :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

Well now, that would be an interesting exercise to find the right name, like naming a baby...

As in ancient Persia, how about Grand Oompahs....:D

now I wasn't sure I spelled that right, sure don't use that term often, so when I Googled it,
I knew in my heart of hearts it was a real contender when I saw this ad, which seems to be for a fixed
price drink all you can gluttons delight weekend. Bring it on...:dance1:

Grand Oompah Two-Day All Access Adult Admission & Tasting Glass | drink. eat. relax.

/ What TBN use to be like #192  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Should those of us who have been here for a spell, :D:D:D, get a special icon under our name? A Ol' TBN Geezer icon? :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

Not for me Dan, thank-you, the Ol' Geezer reaction is coming much too often for me already. I do sometimes wish Muhammad had a way to set up a section for Historic Treads, TBN History or something like that. There was a lot of good information back then that still applies today. Might also be a good example of what a forum can be without all the sniping.

MarkV

/ What TBN use to be like #193  
I do sometimes wish Muhammad had a way to set up a section for Historic Treads, TBN History or something like that. There was a lot of good information back then that still applies today.

Several years ago, I did some programming for a customer service forum, where there was a cutoff date to automatically retire old threads and lock/move them to an "Archive" sub-forum under the main forum. Basically, if the newest reply to a thread went beyond the cutoff date, it was processed by the script, which ran every night to purge old threads from the main forums.

/ What TBN use to be like #194  
I thought it was for posts from before a forum migration that didn't go so well? Could be mistaken

There was a hiccup many years ago. The posts weren't lost, but got disassociated with accounts, as I recall.

/ What TBN use to be like #196  
   / What TBN use to be like #197  
Not for me Dan, thank-you, the Ol' Geezer reaction is coming much too often for me already. I do sometimes wish Muhammad had a way to set up a section for Historic Treads, TBN History or something like that. There was a lot of good information back then that still applies today. Might also be a good example of what a forum can be without all the sniping.

MarkV

I am only an Old TBN Geezer not a real life Old Geezer! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Though the hair has been gray for many a year and the amount of hair is getting thinner. :shocked::D:D:D

Being a TBN Geezer does not bother me....

A real life Geezer might. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Having said that, Saturday night I was out and about working with some guys who I have known for years. Someone made a comment and it hit me I have known them for getting close to 20 years. :shocked: Where the heck does time go? :confused3:

Later,
Dan

/ What TBN use to be like #198  
What make you think 8 tears is very old for a tractor. My Ford still runs well at 34 year old. I f your tractor is feeling old maybe you got the wrong one :D:laughing:

I guess there are several things that make me think it is getting old:

1) I almost never wash it anymore. Used to work the heck out of it and then clean it up. Even washed the wheels and waxed the hood on occasion. It looked new for a long time. Then I got smart and built an open shed for it so it would be out of the weather. Now the phoebes nest in the shed and poop all over my tractor. So, it does not look new anymore. And rarely even gets hosed off.

2) I used to change oil, grease, filters, etc before the recommended intervals. Now I'm lucky if I hit the intervals.

3) All the paint is worn off the floor pan.

But, in terms of function, well it cranks every time, even cold, with the original battery. Everything works, even the fuel gauge. No major dents but lots of scrapes. No rust, but lots of faded paint. And make no mistake, I have beat the living tar out of this tractor. So for me, it seems like I got the right one. Will it be running when it is 34 (26 years from now)? I have no idea....but I wouldn't be surprised......but there is a fair chance I won't be............:laughing:

/ What TBN use to be like #199  
i for sure am.. :)

Now, you have to wonder... if a zombie bites you, you become a zombie. So, must be fluid transfer. Right? So, would you really want to use rounds that make their heads explode at close range and risk fluid transfer? I don't think so. That's why 22LR is in short supply. People have figured out its the ultimate tool for safe zombie dispatchment.

We never talked about zombied in the old days on TBN, did we?

Zombie in sunglasses!

:cool2:

/ What TBN use to be like #200  
i hear ya. in the movies.. they are so concerned about a bte.. but have no problem wading into battle and comeing out blood soaked.

if it's a virus.. i have a hard time believing that it ONLY resides inthe salivary glands!!

Now, you have to wonder... if a zombie bites you, you become a zombie. So, must be fluid transfer. Right? So, would you really want to use rounds that make their heads explode at close range and risk fluid transfer? I don't think so. That's why 22LR is in short supply. People have figured out its the ultimate tool for safe zombie dispatchment.

We never talked about zombied in the old days on TBN, did we?

Zombie in sunglasses!

:cool2: