What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf?

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #141  
How about turf's and R1? All conditions covered LOL :)

PXL_20220430_200915208.jpg

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #142  

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #143  
I love the Turf tires on my JD 790, but it seems they tend to pick up any nail or sharp object and puncture constantly. Thus when I got my L3301 I was ok to see R1 tires, but after almost tipping over just hitting bumps on the road, I am looking at the R4. What should you look for in a new tractor to start with or does it matter.
I guess it depends on what your main use is going to be or if you have multiple machines. I like the R-14's on my Kioti, but the ag tires on the JD grip better in soft mushy field. And turf tires on the lawn machine are best unless you want to see tracks all over a finished lawn. I don't believe there is on for all tire, But like I said the R-14's seem to be a pretty good all round tire most times. For me at least, different situations and other factors may influence you. But then what the heck do I know , I only been around the farm and tractors past 70 years.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #144  
I love the Turf tires on my JD 790, but it seems they tend to pick up any nail or sharp object and puncture constantly. Thus when I got my L3301 I was ok to see R1 tires, but after almost tipping over just hitting bumps on the road, I am looking at the R4. What should you look for in a new tractor to start with or does it matter.
I had a L3301 with R1's for 2 years and never felt I was going to tip the tractor over. Were your rear tire's filled?

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf?
I had a L3301 with R1's for 2 years and never felt I was going to tip the tractor over. Were your rear tire's filled?
Well, I guess our backroads need paving, anyway I was going to fill them but looking too see if changing them for something like the R4 or even the R14 will fix the issue.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #146  
Which tire would tear up fine turf on athletic fields more? R4 or R14?

I'm considering a new Kubota Grand L6060 and the dealer has one with R4 and one with R14. I'm thinking the R4 would be better on athletic fields and golf courses. We don't get snow here, so that is not a concern of mine.

I currently have a L6060 with turf tires, and I have a L5740 with R4's. Of course I use the one with turf tires more often on athletic fields, but there aren't many tractors available at all today, much less with turf tires. So when this dealer mentioned he had R4 or R14's, I started researching the R14 and came to this thread.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #147  
I'm just glad I've got 80 acres of open range land. Tire scuff with my RimGard loaded rear R-1's is really no concern. And, no - I do not go out in the early spring when the ground is soft. My Kubota M6040 at 10,000+ pounds WILL leave ruts.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #148  
I have R-4’s on mine but I would have opted for R-14’s if they would have been available. Turns out I would have possibly made a mistake. I spend a lot of time on construction sites, and I grooved my R-4’s for snow work. The R-4’s are tough IMO. I can’t comment on turf experience but, I would think the R-14’s might be the better choice.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #149  
I have R-4’s on mine but I would have opted for R-14’s if they would have been available. Turns out I would have possibly made a mistake. I spend a lot of time on construction sites, and I grooved my R-4’s for snow work. The R-4’s are tough IMO. I can’t comment on turf experience but, I would think the R-14’s might be the better choice.

I'm curious what it is about R14 tires that you think might have been a mistake for your use. Have you had experience with R14 tires and found them to be a problem?

I'm not arguing or trying to convince you otherwise; I'm genuinely curious. It won't be long before I have to replace the R4 tires on my tractor. R14 are one of the options I'm considering.

/ What tires should you get on a new Tractor, R1, R4, or Turf? #150  
I ended up spending a lot more time at heavy construction sites and the industrial R-4 has held up exceptionally well in concrete demo sites and road building. I haven’t read enough reviews of using the R-14’s for construction activities. I originally wanted them because of the advertised improved traction in snow - but grooving the R-4’s has solved my traction issues.

The R-4’s have been great on my lawn too, although I hear the R-14 is better. I road everywhere and the R-4’s are rough riders at road speed - another plus for R-14’s I hear. When I’m ready for tires I’ll look at my needs and if I’m mostly out of the heavy demo sites I’ll consider the R-14’s.