What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture?

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture? #71  
He already IS a tractor owner. He said in the first post he has a BX and a larger IH.
Oh Dear. Wash my mouth out. I should have said He wants to own a tractor in the size range between a BX lawnmower and a IH behemoth. Probably 4WD and probably more useful than either of his other two tractors on this piece of property. I was contrasting that to the suggestion he not mow it and watch things grow....

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture? #72  
Hello ShowroomShine, why do you want mow this area? It does not make economic sence. You would be better off to plant in a timber trees or otherwise retire that slope. To me mowing this slope is an unneccesary risk if you are unsure about your skill level.
The photo clearly shows the safe area to mow.
Alternative, Is your neighbour a stock farmer? If so ask them to graze the steep slopes for you. A trough for water and a single wire temporary hot wire (electric fence) and the slope is mowed by the stock.
If you do use a tractor, then use adjustable rear rims set to maximum width OR go DUAL wheels. HUGE difference in stability and traction.
MF 135, standard track is 6 ft wide(est), same rims set to maximum widthis approximatly 8 ft. I had an MF 135 with the rims set to 7'6" (so it could drive onto the tip truck with the sides on as it was carted between farms) .

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture? #73  
Gives me the heebeejeebees!
Does that mean you wouldn't ride in the passenger seat while I mowed it?

P9250008.JPG
P4120002.JPG
P4010050.JPG

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture? #74  
Hope the oil pan on your motor is baffled so it don't get oil starved...

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture?
Hello ShowroomShine, why do you want mow this area? It does not make economic sence. You would be better off to plant in a timber trees or otherwise retire that slope. To me mowing this slope is an unneccesary risk if you are unsure about your skill level.
The photo clearly shows the safe area to mow.
Alternative, Is your neighbour a stock farmer? If so ask them to graze the steep slopes for you. A trough for water and a single wire temporary hot wire (electric fence) and the slope is mowed by the stock.
If you do use a tractor, then use adjustable rear rims set to maximum width OR go DUAL wheels. HUGE difference in stability and traction.
MF 135, standard track is 6 ft wide(est), same rims set to maximum widthis approximatly 8 ft. I had an MF 135 with the rims set to 7'6" (so it could drive onto the tip truck with the sides on as it was carted between farms) .
More trees block the Mountain View…the whole reason we are purchasing this property.

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture? #76  
Better close on it soon (if you haven't already) because the prime is climbing like inflation is.... Not a bad thing either. High interest rates will curb inflation.

/ What tractor or piece of equipment for this hilly pasture? #78  
More trees block the Mountain View…the whole reason we are purchasing this property.
You could also put in wildflowers in the places you don't want to mow. Takes a lot less maintenance and maintains your view.