Buying Advice What Tractor to Upgrade to?

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #12  
Give Kioti a good look. I have been very happy with mine.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to?
Give Kioti a good look. I have been very happy with mine.

I definitely will be. The Kioti dealer near me is great, I've used them for service on my old Grasshopper mower. I'd buy from them.

There just seems to be a gap for every brand for a model in 30HP. It's like they go from 25 to 35 and just about $5000 in between. And since I already have a 23HP tractor, I can't hardly justifying spending more money for 2HP more and I can't afford the extra $5000 more to jump to a 35HP model.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #15  
Tier IV pollution controls added $4,000 to my L3560 over predecessor L3540 with Tier III.

Tough price increase on 30-horsepower. Still tough, but less tough, on 35-horsepower.
No Tier IV on <25-horsepower.

Tractor manufactures do not believe there is a market in USA for high priced 30-horsepower tractors. I think they are correct.

You are in the doughnut hole. To bite, or not to bite; that is the question.

Probably right now, the Deere 3032E seems to be about what I'm looking for, at least on paper.

/ What Tractor to Upgrade to? #17  
I would experiment with all-weather rear tire chains on your current LS J2023 before putzing around with someone else's used tractor.
Before buying chains you need to determine if there is chain clearance between tire and tractor. Usually there is.

LINK: tractor tire chains site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Here is your LS J2023: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ls-tractor-owning-operating/267621-tire-chains.html

The used models that I'm looking at are all under 500 hours, so I feel fairly comfortable with that level of use. I mean my LS has 200 hours and it's still like brand new to me. I'm only considering the Deere models because they are economy models that have just what I need without having things I won't/don't need. I'll never need a mid-pto so if I can save money by eliminating that feature, that's great. The quick detach loader feature sounds nice and I have it on my LS, but I've found with my LS that it's really more trouble than it's worth to remove the entire loader and put it back on. So if I can save some money by having a permanent mount loader, that's fine with me too. And I think the biggest plus for the Deere is that I have two different large dealers that have numerous stores, so they are very competitive on their pricing because they know buyers will automatically go to the other dealer for a second estimate so they tend to be very competitive with their pricing. And their used equipment inventory is extensive because each dealer has so many dealerships in different towns.

I'm not opposed to the Kubota L series either though. My local Kubota dealer is good to deal with, but have been on the high side of their pricing in the past. I suppose I'll have to go back out and talk to them again on an L series machine.

Kubota L 2501 Gear Drive. Great little machine, no need to worry of regen's, and will fit your implements perfectly.

I'm worried that's not going to be enough machine or at least enough of a difference from what I have to justify paying the additional money for it. It's 25HP and 20HP at the PTO. My little LS is 23HP and 17HP at the PTO.