What truck to I need?

/ What truck to I need? #11  
Same as those guys above. Got the daily driver, the towing rig, the hauling rig and a couple of others. Biggest purpose is that it feeds my truck addiction.

The new half tons are towing machines. You will easily tow that trailer to capacity with any of the brands assuming you get them with a towing package. Don't even need the Max Tow (but wouldn't hurt). But are you going to plow with this truck too? And what are you plowing? Just a driveway, then there are a handful of light plows available for the half tons. Anything more And I'd bump it up to the 3/4 ton trucks.

/ What truck to I need? #12  
Coming from a Tundra I'll share this with you.
If you're close to 10k with any iteration of towing yeah you can do it.
I found the Tundra consuming oil only when towing 10.2k and doing 60 to 65 was about at 3500 to 4k rpms.
A short chassis truck with >90% tow loading is not in full control. Braking and getting pushed around by the load can be unnerving.
Finally just because you can does not mean you should.
BigTruckBigRV u-boob channel has lots of short vids on this topic that gets ino gcvwr etc.
A lifetime of maintenance work in various fields I can attest that operating any equipment at 90% of its design rating is not healthy for longevity. There are a lot of factors involved in those towing numbers and the biggest one is marketing. All of it done under absolute controlled perfect conditions.
If it will be your daily driver then comfort factor during unloaded conditions will vary from 1, 3/4 or 1/2 ton trucks.

Traded the Tundra for a 6.2L F 250 and never looked back. Same mpgs and 10k is child's play.
Pulling a 33' TT is not pushed around like on the Tundra and the tractor when towing is easily forgotten.
What would I do differently?
Gotten the F 350 for any further unforeseen events that got me in this mess to begin with lol.

/ What truck to I need? #13  
I bought myF350 (CC, LB, 4x4 SRW, PSD) new in '96. Overall I've hauled only occasionally in it, and though the ride is rough I wouldn't trade for a lighter built truck - for me the truck is more than a tow machine and even when it's not hauling it's still often having to take substantial abuse.

Also, I get a free abdominal/core workout driving on rough pavement!

/ What truck to I need? #14  
Like others have said, frequency matters. That said half-ton should be fine with that load. We've hauled similar back when we had a Ford 1500 w/ attachments on our '16 EcoDiesel and saw ~19mpg.

That trailer sounds pretty heavy for 7.5k rating, out 7.5k 18' is near half that weight at 1500 or so.

/ What truck to I need? #15  
it is always better to have too much truck rather than too much trailer.

I wont ever down size from a 1 ton long chassis. But I only drive my truck for truck things, not a daily.

I also don't buy new stuff. you can get a 90's era 1 ton for cheap if you just want something to haul with. I got less than $2000 in my towing rig. Granted its not rated for 30,000lbs like the new stuff, but I also don't want to try and haul 30,000lbs behind a pick up.

/ What truck to I need? #16  
it is always better to have too much truck rather than too much trailer.

I wont ever down size from a 1 ton long chassis. But I only drive my truck for truck things, not a daily.

I also don't buy new stuff. you can get a 90's era 1 ton for cheap if you just want something to haul with. I got less than $2000 in my towing rig. Granted its not rated for 30,000lbs like the new stuff, but I also don't want to try and haul 30,000lbs behind a pick up.

Same here 1 ton dually for truck stuff and SUV for drive around stuff. Much better than a half ton pickup for nearly anything. Having the extra dry storage and more secure and better fuel efficiency was a luxury I never realized I was missing unit I had it. My 90s model dump truck has been a heck of a truck. Just avoid the automatic transmissions in the 90s stuff. They suck. On paper they might be similar but my 90s ton is way more of a truck than a modern half ton and most 3/4 tons. If I ever get my 3500hd put together I’d have an even more capable truck on the really cheap. If you want to pull 30,000 on a routine bases go buy a day cab semi.

/ What truck to I need? #17  
I’d buy a 3/4 ton gasser. Not much difference in money and by the time you option a 1/2 ton to get the tow rating you want the fuel economy won’t be great anyways. You mentioned plowing as well with the truck. I would not do this with a 1/2 ton.

/ What truck to I need? #19  
Another consideration. How long with 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 up ton truck last? It seems that the HD trucks last longer over all. With all the new tech and materials, who knows if this is accurate.

/ What truck to I need? #20  
A 3/4 ton or 1-ton truck offers greater stability, better braking power, and enhanced towing capacity, ensuring a safer and more efficient towing and plowing experience. Plus, they tend to have sturdier suspension systems, which can handle the extra weight more comfortably.
The OP has probably already traded in the truck from this thread from almost 4 years ago…