What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #341  
I was going to mention Night Gallery...

I recall seeing a short advertising clip for Night Gallery when I was a young kid. I instantly knew that it was WAY too scary to watch.

I recorded a bunch of episodes on my DVR in recent years, and it was really quite corny.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #343  
Don't forget Granny on Bevery Hillbillies
Granny.jpg
granny 2.jpg

Last edited:
   / What TV did you watch as a kid? #345  
I recall seeing a short advertising clip for Night Gallery when I was a young kid. I instantly knew that it was WAY too scary to watch.

I recorded a bunch of episodes on my DVR in recent years, and it was really quite corny.
I've notices that. Some of the movies that scared the dickens out of me as a kid, are corny and ridiculous as an adult

Same with some of the shows I used to watch as well.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #346  
I've notices that. Some of the movies that scared the dickens out of me as a kid, are corny and ridiculous as an adult

Same with some of the shows I used to watch as well.
I used to love "The Wild, Wild, West" when I was a kid. Then about 20 years later I caught some reruns when I was staying in a motel room... talk about CORNY!!!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #347  
I used to love "The Wild, Wild, West" when I was a kid. Then about 20 years later I caught some reruns when I was staying in a motel room... talk about CORNY!!!
I felt the same way about Buck Roger's But then again, when you only have a couple of TV stations, you're at their mercy

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #348  
I think that the reason original programming was so scary or serious is that we'd never seen anything like that before.

I remember riding my bike to see the original Star Wars premier in our town. It was amazing special effects. Today, it's 45 year old technology. Almost a comedy.

I'm guessing it's that way for every generation.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #349  
the reason original programming was so scary or serious is that we'd never seen anything like that before.
Jurassic park was controversial because it was too realistic and could possibly tramatize kids. Stop motion animation, like Clash of the titans 10 yrs earlier at least had a sense of fakeness.

Last edited:
   / What TV did you watch as a kid? #350  
Jurassic park was controversial because it was too realistic and could possibly tramatize kids. Stop motion animation, like Clash of the titans 10 yrs earlier at least had a sense of fakeness.
I remember seeing clash of the titans at the drive-in theater. Went with my grandparents' neighbors and their kids. Two adults in the cab and a bed full of us kids holding down the lawn chairs and blankets

Do that today, and you would be charged with child endangerment