What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get???

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #1  

Garrett2006

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706e
What痴 the best used tracked skid steer/CTL for someone that痴 very experienced on tractor work, but looking to add a skid steer to the Arsenal & only played on a couple here and there. Will best used for grading yards, driveways and pushing dirt. Also, looking to use it for mulching later on down the road once I can get my heads on a mulching head. So, I know I need a high flow unit. What痴 the best and strongest for someone starting out with one. Thanks

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #2  
if you have plans for mulching, get the biggest u can get and in high flow

kubota/takeuchi/bobcat/cat i think mustang/takeuchi and maybe gehl come from the some company but diff specs

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #3  
A Kubota is the only tracked machine I have any experience with. I love the Kubota and honestly can’t think of anything I would do different and that’s rare. On the list of things I would NOT own is foot pedal controls, a cab door that hinges outward, and electric controls. The Kubota has none of those. I ran a fairy new Deere wheeled skid steer and the first thing I noticed was the rear visibility was the best I’d ever experienced and the front visibility was the worst I’d ever experienced. If I was looking to buy one I’d narrow down the brands I didn’t like and search from the remaining models for the best deal.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #4  
A Kubota is the only tracked machine I have any experience with. I love the Kubota and honestly can’t think of anything I would do different and that’s rare. On the list of things I would NOT own is foot pedal controls, a cab door that hinges outward, and electric controls. The Kubota has none of those. I ran a fairy new Deere wheeled skid steer and the first thing I noticed was the rear visibility was the best I’d ever experienced and the front visibility was the worst I’d ever experienced. If I was looking to buy one I’d narrow down the brands I didn’t like and search from the remaining models for the best deal.

think about your CAB door situation, if the cab door gets caught in the half up/down position how do you get out? my neighbor was trapped in his, could not fit out thru the front glass above/under/through the door frame when it came off the track, NEW kubota and i had my kubota rental 75-2 machine blow the front glass out while it was up and i was running it when the chassis evidently twisted enough going over a curb wall on a basement and the window burst sending shards of glass down my neck and all inside my clothes in my hair etc......

next my neighbor had to remove the back window and crawl up/out of the kubota he was using - it look him a while to do all that - for me when my SS caught on fire, it was an engine fire which in that case means if my neighbor had to get out that way, he would have burned up likely since he couldnt get out the front and or burned badly trying to get out the back window.

I was able to launch through the front door of mine, taking out the glass and landing on the brush mower on mine - thank god !!!!

I do not like the roll up design for that reason - i will take a bent door or have to lower the arms to get the door open any day vs burning alive or getting glass rained on me

Kubota has nicer interior and more refined machine, takeuchi has better hydraulic controls/feel from my experience and an all out workhorse

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #5  
The loader has to be all the way up or all the way down to get out with the hinged door. Unless you have a hammer you’re still trapped inside. For glass to get rained down on you you’re operating with the door up, something that’s not possible with the hinged door.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #6  
think about your CAB door situation, if the cab door gets caught in the half up/down position how do you get out? my neighbor was trapped in his, could not fit out thru the front glass above/under/through the door frame when it came off the track, NEW kubota and i had my kubota rental 75-2 machine blow the front glass out while it was up and i was running it when the chassis evidently twisted enough going over a curb wall on a basement and the window burst sending shards of glass down my neck and all inside my clothes in my hair etc......

next my neighbor had to remove the back window and crawl up/out of the kubota he was using - it look him a while to do all that - for me when my SS caught on fire, it was an engine fire which in that case means if my neighbor had to get out that way, he would have burned up likely since he couldnt get out the front and or burned badly trying to get out the back window.

I was able to launch through the front door of mine, taking out the glass and landing on the brush mower on mine - thank god !!!!

I do not like the roll up design for that reason - i will take a bent door or have to lower the arms to get the door open any day vs burning alive or getting glass rained on me

Kubota has nicer interior and more refined machine, takeuchi has better hydraulic controls/feel from my experience and an all out workhorse

You can sit around and dream up what ifs all day. Wrecking a conventional ssl door will spoil well over a grand. I can think of several scenarios where an operator can be trapped in that style as well.
If God wants to call you today, you will go.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #7  
true if its your day its your day but i will take my chances with a front swing open door - not sure how you could get stuck in there when the glass pops right out ;-)

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #8  
I’m glad you like them but I’d take the dang thing off before I had one. I was using the Kubota today to lift a pallet of cement bags up to mixer height and holding it there. Before that I had to lift a pallet of flooring up to a deck door for moving inside the house but I didn’t want to set the load on the deck. Good luck doing either of those things with a hinge door. This whole “problem” could easily be solved by mounting a window breaker in the cab.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #10