What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get???

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #11  
Another thing to look for is a high flow machine. It opens up the list of attachments you are able to run.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #13  
I知 glad you like them but I壇 take the dang thing off before I had one. I was using the Kubota today to lift a pallet of cement bags up to mixer height and holding it there. Before that I had to lift a pallet of flooring up to a deck door for moving inside the house but I didn稚 want to set the load on the deck. Good luck doing either of those things with a hinge door. This whole 菟roblem could easily be solved by mounting a window breaker in the cab.

id rather have one with A/C i take my door off in the summer cause i only have a heated cab - some day maybe !!!!

my neighbor couldnt get out even if the glass was broken because of the half open/shut door frame on the kubota w or w/out glass in it.

I do carry a hammer inside mine for beating dirt/mud off things but when i had the fire i never even thot about my hammer i only thot about getting out quickly because i couldnt breath in all the smoke

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #14  
There are people that have been killed by seat belts. Does not mean they should be abandoned. There is always an outlier, and always a champion for that occurrence.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #15  
regarding seat belts, i always wear one in my equipment as well as have added to my 5088, wear it on my CUT also and glad i had it on a few weeks ago, you can see my thread here about that and my 2038R failure - lost an uncle to not having one on and falling out of his cab door on his tractor and was eaten by his baler ( no i am not kidding about this ) - some may say it was his time but if he had been wearing a seat belt he likely would not have fallen out of the door - to each his own and preference, we all have our reasons but for me im going with statistics and experience - those things make a huge impact on our perspective - knowledge and wisdom are two different things

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #16  
What痴 the best used tracked skid steer/CTL for someone that痴 very experienced on tractor work, but looking to add a skid steer to the Arsenal & only played on a couple here and there. Will best used for grading yards, driveways and pushing dirt. Also, looking to use it for mulching later on down the road once I can get my heads on a mulching head. So, I know I need a high flow unit. What痴 the best and strongest for someone starting out with one. Thanks

Back to the original question - if its going to be a while before you get a mulcher head - i would recommend starting out with a smaller machine because you wont want a giant machine you will use for yards/driveways/grading like you will for mulching.

Yes a CTL is far better for yards/grading/flat dirt work - also if you plan on loading a lot of dump trucks look at the differences in a radial vs vertical lift - keep in mind they are also more $$ to purchase as well as to maintain for a starting business - its difficult to find a perfect sized machine but something in the mid range of hp and weight would be best for yards/drives/pushing dirt not to mention agility and getting around easier with the least amount of residual damage to work area.

dont be disillusioned by a CTL not tearing up a yard, they will tear up a yard just liek a wheel machine - you have to make wide sweeping turns with either to keep from making more damage, a tracked machine spinning in a circle will tear up a yard just liek a wheeled machine you just wont be as apt to leave impressions/ruts like you do with a wheeled machine in softer dirt nor spin as much unless the grass is really wet and you are trying to dig then all bets are off

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #17  
I was in the same position years ago, had a compact but wanted/needed a more capable machine. Ive operated gehls and JD in the past, many years ago. Settled in on a Cat 289C with hi& standard flow, it was a great machine. Since then have upgraded to a 299DXHP which is the biggest out there...a very capable machine. I have the rotary mowers and forestry mulcher i use to keep my property cleared. Also been moving a lot of dirt gravel logs stumps, etc. Love the pilot controls of Cat. With AC heat and the electric coupler it makes life a lot easier...lol. i would highly recommend the Cat tracked machines. Any more specific q"s ask away....

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #18  
Not a great fan of JCB, but I do like the side door arrangement. Also made in a slightly higher quality version sold by VOLVO. If I had to get one, and since I am getting older, I would probably go that route. Also made in a telehandler type tracked version.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #19  
Not a great fan of JCB, but I do like the side door arrangement. Also made in a slightly higher quality version sold by VOLVO. If I had to get one, and since I am getting older, I would probably go that route. Also made in a telehandler type tracked version.

I know this is old, but man, I love the internet. Why do you think the Volvo version is higher quality? They are both made on the same JCB assembly line in Pooler GA. You’ll see alternating colors going down the assembly line. They are the EXACT same machine except for decals and paint color.

/ What Used tracked skid steer/CTL to get??? #20  

dont be disillusioned by a CTL not tearing up a yard, they will tear up a yard just liek a wheel machine - you have to make wide sweeping turns with either to keep from making more damage, a tracked machine spinning in a circle will tear up a yard just liek a wheeled machine you just wont be as apt to leave impressions/ruts like you do with a wheeled machine in softer dirt nor spin as much unless the grass is really wet and you are trying to dig then all bets are
off
A skid steer destroys the ground with wheels or tracks. Even making sweeping turns the the 95 I was using was bad to peel the grass. That one of the 3 main reasons I now own a M59 vs keeping my 310 and adding a 75 skid steer.