What works against rodents

/ What works against rodents #1  

CoyotKid

Tractor
Kioti CK3510
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I just got another vehicle (van) back from the shop to repair damage from some kind of rodent eating the wiring. We have tried moth balls, Irish Spring, coyote urine but nothing seems to keep the little buggers away. They haven't found the tractor yet, but we park our car/truck outside. My wife doesn't want me to put poison out since we have a herd of Corgis that are in and out of the vehicles on a daily basis, but I am at wits end. :mad::mad::mad: I am looking for suggestions.

/ What works against rodents #3  
live trap

/ What works against rodents #5  
I had the same issue.
Peppermint spray (amazon) has worked for me 100%
over the last 6-7 years.

In my RV, I spray the wheel covers, the cords or lines that feed up to the RV and I make sure that the heat a/c vent fan is closed or in the off position. I spray around the perimeter of the garage and across the doorway just inside enough so the rain doesn't wash it away.

/ What works against rodents #6  

I zip tie it under hoods of cars, tractors. I also put out poison bars for mice in my sheds but I have not seen them chewed on since I started using Fresh Cab.

/ What works against rodents #8  
I have used peppermint oil for a decade,, and recently have added cloves, where the peppermint oil failed.
Cloves (two years so far) seems to be working,, I bought one pound from Amazon,,
I am ready for the winter with that much!!

/ What works against rodents #9  
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I just got another vehicle (van) back from the shop to repair damage from some kind of rodent eating the wiring. We have tried moth balls, Irish Spring, coyote urine but nothing seems to keep the little buggers away. They haven't found the tractor yet, but we park our car/truck outside. My wife doesn't want me to put poison out since we have a herd of Corgis that are in and out of the vehicles on a daily basis, but I am at wits end. :mad::mad::mad: I am looking for suggestions.
Its frustrating. The 2013 Dodge Journey had the wiring replaced 3x by the dealer, repaired 2x by me (at least half a dozen spots each time), and replaced again my the dealer I traded it in too. Fiat/Dodge, in it's infanite wisdom, decided to use soy based insulated wire that rodents just love to munch on. I found not one thing that would work other than first warranty work then insurance (which should pay for rodent damage, btw).

If you are worried the Corgis will eat the poison (and not the rodents, I hope..?) you can make a poison trap easily enough with a PVC tee, 2 ~8" lengths, 2 90*s, and another short piece with a screw on clean out. Put the clean out on the middle opening of the tee, add the lengths to the others, and glue the 90*s so they are facing opposite each other (forming a 's') so it doesn't tip easy. Place the poisoned bait in the tee, cap it, and place under your vehicle. As long as you dont have animals that will eat the rodents, like cats, you should be good.

Last edited: