What would you do ?

/ What would you do ? #51  
Mother nature trumps mother-in-law. Wait until there is good weather. With the water restrictions the land scaping will not live anyway.
I also live it Tx where the temps are going into the triple digits this weekend.
I am not 50 ,60, or even 70 anymore. If you go out to work in that heat, the plants might not be the only thing that won't survive.

/ What would you do ? #52  
This coming weekend my wife and I had promised to go to her moms house to power wash her entire back yard area. I also had this planned 3 weekends ago but pulled a deep muscle in my upper mid-rt back.

Tryng to picture this. Is power wash a metaphor or how is it done? Just curious.

/ What would you do ? #53  
How about doing part of it, to make you both feel abit more at ease. I've been pressuring washing the big home we have. The water will feel good at those temps...

/ What would you do ? #54  
Hello to all,

This coming weekend my wife and I had promised to go to her moms house to redo some of her landscaping and power wash her entire back yard area. I also had this planned 3 weekends ago but pulled a deep muscle in my upper mid-rt back. There was no way I could lift that much or esp pull the starting cord on a power washer. Everyone understood.

Well, this weekend it's supposed to be 102 on Fri and 104 on Sat, plus 100-102 Tues on until this weekend and Sun-Tues of next week 102, 104, 102 and 100-99 the next 2-3 days thereafter. I am no longer 20, 30, 40 or 50, but I can take the heat, not just triple digit for too long. Also, putting plants into the ground w ambient air temps of 100-104 for 10+ days before during and after planting, doesn't set up the odds for survival too well. Plus the soil N of Austin TX isn't sandy loam, it's a rocky/soil blend. Her retirement community is also going on water rationing. To fill the truck, it $130 and right under 6 hrs rd trip. I am ok w that part, but the heat, damnnnnn.

So, I am looking for some artillery to postpone until the heat retreats to some extent. I really like my MIL, but not looking forward to cooking outside. The heat index will be in the 114-118 range....and no, plenty of beer isn't the answer :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback...
Take the money you would spend on travel, meals, supplies, materials, etc., and hire someone to do it.

/ What would you do ? #55  
The heat isnt going to retreat, just get worse most likely. I grew up in TX. Work really early in the AM only (0430 to say 0900).

Yep. High school in south Texas. Two-a-days always started first week in August. How did we survive?

/ What would you do ? #56  
Take the money you would spend on travel, materials, supplies, meals, etc., and hire someone to do it.

/ What would you do ? #57  
The answer is simple. “I will postpone this to a time when I won’t die”

/ What would you do ? #58  
IMG_2230.JPG

Spring water in horse trough keep us and the dog cool. Hope we are working smarter over span of generations. Really have to watch heat exposure as we get older.

We try to get most the chores done by 1pm, siesta then maybe a little back porch work in the evening. Mostly cook outside in the summer to keep the house cool.

/ What would you do ? #59  
Hello to all,

This coming weekend my wife and I had promised to go to her moms house to redo some of her landscaping and power wash her entire back yard area. I also had this planned 3 weekends ago but pulled a deep muscle in my upper mid-rt back. There was no way I could lift that much or esp pull the starting cord on a power washer. Everyone understood.

Well, this weekend it's supposed to be 102 on Fri and 104 on Sat, plus 100-102 Tues on until this weekend and Sun-Tues of next week 102, 104, 102 and 100-99 the next 2-3 days thereafter. I am no longer 20, 30, 40 or 50, but I can take the heat, not just triple digit for too long. Also, putting plants into the ground w ambient air temps of 100-104 for 10+ days before during and after planting, doesn't set up the odds for survival too well. Plus the soil N of Austin TX isn't sandy loam, it's a rocky/soil blend. Her retirement community is also going on water rationing. To fill the truck, it $130 and right under 6 hrs rd trip. I am ok w that part, but the heat, damnnnnn.

So, I am looking for some artillery to postpone until the heat retreats to some extent. I really like my MIL, but not looking forward to cooking outside. The heat index will be in the 114-118 range....and no, plenty of beer isn't the answer :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback...
"So, I am looking for some artillery" Here it is: Check between your legs!!

/ What would you do ? #60  
Well, if you die trying all of that landscape work in that heat, the only one you would be good for is the Lord in heaven. No more earthly tasks will be done by you going forward. Please keep cool any stay safe, hot weather is not anything to gamble with. You would lose to the heat every time.