What would you do ?

/ What would you do ? #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all,

This coming weekend my wife and I had promised to go to her moms house to redo some of her landscaping and power wash her entire back yard area. I also had this planned 3 weekends ago but pulled a deep muscle in my upper mid-rt back. There was no way I could lift that much or esp pull the starting cord on a power washer. Everyone understood.

Well, this weekend it's supposed to be 102 on Fri and 104 on Sat, plus 100-102 Tues on until this weekend and Sun-Tues of next week 102, 104, 102 and 100-99 the next 2-3 days thereafter. I am no longer 20, 30, 40 or 50, but I can take the heat, not just triple digit for too long. Also, putting plants into the ground w ambient air temps of 100-104 for 10+ days before during and after planting, doesn't set up the odds for survival too well. Plus the soil N of Austin TX isn't sandy loam, it's a rocky/soil blend. Her retirement community is also going on water rationing. To fill the truck, it $130 and right under 6 hrs rd trip. I am ok w that part, but the heat, damnnnnn.

So, I am looking for some artillery to postpone until the heat retreats to some extent. I really like my MIL, but not looking forward to cooking outside. The heat index will be in the 114-118 range....and no, plenty of beer isn't the answer :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback...

/ What would you do ? #2  
At those temps in humid Houston you need a cold beer BATH.
When does the heat retreat enough for you? November?
houston-climate.JPG

/ What would you do ? #3  
Mother nature trumps mother-in-law. Wait until there is good weather. With the water restrictions the land scaping will not live anyway.

/ What would you do ? #4  
I came home sick from the heat today . Had to have 2 guys help me to the truck to cool down.

/ What would you do ?
"Mother nature trumps mother-in-law."

That's a winner, I'm using it as my theme....and yes, if this was in Houston, there's no way. At least the humidity in Williamson Cty Tx will be a lot less than Houston...It's really getting hard for her to move around so hand watering might not be as easy as it was 2-3 yrs ago when I did the whole yard [front and back], but the big freeze [1 degree there] knocked back a lot of my work...

/ What would you do ? #6  
You be any good to anyone if you're recovering from heat stroke. ;)

/ What would you do ? #7  
. I really like my MIL, but not looking forward to cooking outside. The heat index will be in the 114-118 range....and no, plenty of beer isn't the answer :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback...
Beg off. They will understand. Sounds to me like you are the one who won't cut you some slack.

/ What would you do ? #8  
Screw that!! Everyone can wait at those temps!

/ What would you do ? #9  
Beg off. They will understand. Sounds to me like you are the one who won't cut you some slack.
Perfect reply!!! 👍 I am also in the camp of wait until the weather is better.

/ What would you do ?
I just hate to cancel twice, and she’s really looking forward to our visit too. But, the picture is getting clearer.

Here’s those temps..the circles are my orig wk days

Attachments

• 132DBCD8-7F99-4DAB-B3C5-2D63837B3716.jpeg
    132DBCD8-7F99-4DAB-B3C5-2D63837B3716.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 104