What you got?

/ What you got? #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Well, lets get this topic off to a start. Let me say first that I do not own an old tractor, but I like them, and will problay get one in the future. So here we go. What do you have? Any one got any nice old tractor or even an old hulk out in the field growing mold? What would you like to have? I would like to get an old fergie, or an old Ford.

/ What you got? #2  
Paul,
I usta have a 62 Allis Chalmers D-12 4 cyl gas w/factory 3 pt. I loved that old thing as she usta need about 2 hours worth of lovin each time before she would let me play with her.Sold her to a guy in S.C. who was gonna restore her.Had a tear in my eye as she was leaving on the trailer.

/ What you got?
<font color=red>I loved that old thing as she usta need about 2 hours worth of lovin each time before she would let me play with her</font color=red>

Thats the best part about the old stuff. But I am a little strange./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What you got? #4  
When my folks bought the 78 acre farm in Michigan in '67, there was an old 8-N included in the deal. We usedit for many years, trading it in on a Ford 3000 diesel. What a difference!! While I never really liked the 8-Ns, I would like to pick up a NAA some day, restore it and use it on our new 10 acre place. There is quite a few of them out there, and at reasonable prices. It would keep me busy in the winter months when things are slow.

Paul

/ What you got? #5  
'51 Farmall Super C with wide front end, trip bucket and 3 point hitch (works off of the rockshafts) It would be the reddish one in the attached picture

Attachments

• 44-95537-Mvc-531xs.jpg
    44-95537-Mvc-531xs.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 201
   / What you got? #6  
Two 8Ns. One is a burn job I'm using for parts, the other is scattered around my carport. Wanna buy 'em?

/ What you got?
<font color=red>Wanna buy 'em? </font color=red>

Would I wan't to? Yes. Would my wife kill me if I did? Yes! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

No just kidding. She would be the first to tell me to get them, but TX is a bit far to ship to NY....... You think UPS will ship a tractor??/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What you got? #8  
First tractor when I was on my own was JD 420. I always wanted either Farmall M 1952 wide front end,or Farmall M1952 narrow front end.

Grow up on JD B and Farmall M,the Farmall M was the work horse and JD B was the all purpose,but the sound of the JD B on a cool crisy morning had that engine sound,a sound that travel which fill the air...kinda hard to explain..but it was good feeling. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Real good shape yesterday iron around here cost $$

Boy you brought some memories./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What you got? #9  
1940 Farmall A. I use it mostly with it's belly mower for rough grass areas. I grew up watching my Grandpa and his Farmalls on the farm and the "Red" just stuck with me. I have a soft spot for vintage tractors and will always have a place for one even with my new Kubota!

/ What you got? #10  
Thomas,
Here you go But You didnt say what year. Mine was a 1951. This was my baby, But we sold her before buying the kubota just not enough room. Also use to own a 51 Farmall super C tricycle like AndyR's. Still miss that poppin johnny though/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 44-95774-35-67791-MyBaby.jpg
    44-95774-35-67791-MyBaby.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 173