What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #191  
But if you’re effectively doing your job from home how long will it be before someone in China is doing your job for half or less price?

My company just outsourced several major groups to India. What a fuster cluck. They don't respond to emails. They don't have historical knowledge of the org. They don't join (or if they do, they don't participate) in the Zoom/Google/etc calls regarding high priority issues (sometimes over an hour to get a 2 minute answer, and this is for healthcare). One of the guys has 250+ tickets in his queue because, apparently, the outsource company has less people allocated than we had in-house (would make sense to further cut cost). Service from our side dealing with these people/this company is such a pain in the *** now that we expect termination of the contract in less than a year.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #192  
I resisted reading this thread out of fear that something bad has happened. I'm glad he's still alive but sad that his body is failing him as well as what his wife is going through. I think there's a number of us here who have had jobs that have abused our bodies and fear that what's happening to Carl could be our fate as well as we age. If nothing else if someone reaches out to Carl again let him know there's plenty here who have never met him in person but he and his wife are in our prayers.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #193  
I resisted reading this thread out of fear that something bad has happened. I'm glad he's still alive but sad that his body is failing him as well as what his wife is going through. I think there's a number of us here who have had jobs that have abused our bodies and fear that what's happening to Carl could be our fate as well as we age. If nothing else if someone reaches out to Carl again let him know there's plenty here who have never met him in person but he and his wife are in our prayers.

Include me in sending prayers for him and his wife. I don't know the man, but have read many of his posts. He has helped me without his knowing, or perhaps he does know. Thank you ShieldArc for all the information you have provided to so many over the years. May your health as well as your wife's health improve.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #194  
I think most of us enjoyed learning from Shield, I was a very proficient welder as a young man, and he taught me a few things along the way

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #195  
I just saw on Welding Web that Carl has passed away. A friend of his who was also a welder posted about it. He was CEP on WW.
:cry:

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #196  
Well.. Damn.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #197  
RIP Shield Arc. God's speed.
hugs, Brandi

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #199  
:(
A invaluable contributor who's passing leaves a void that might never be filleted completely
R.I P. Shield