WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN?

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #11  
Planting? How about picking? ;)
I'm picking Broccoli, have been picking Cabbage and Taters.

Cut that out. I'm jealous but I have been cutting asparagus for weeks.

I've got all the cool weather stuff in: potatoes, carrots, onions, rutabega, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, cabbage, lettuces, radishes. My wife has her little garden planted too.

I'm going to wait another week or so before planting the warm weather veggies. It's still a little cool here in East Texas although I've got tomatoes, squash and cantalope started in peat pots. I'll get more tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, etc., from the nursery next week.

I'm hoping for a really good year. Hope springs eternal.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #12  
I'm jealous of your asparagus. I'm in the second year of mine, planted from seeds I got from my grandpa's bushes 2 falls ago. He planted his the spring after they moved to town, in 1963 I think. He said grandma told him there was no point to plant those seeds since it would take 3 years to get any asparagus. I kind of feel the same way right now, seeing a few spindly shoots popping up.

As you said though, hope springs eternal, and asparagus too!

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #13  
Just a small garden. But I planted my onions about 3 weeks ago. Nearly ready to start pulling green onions already. Also planted tomatoes, green beans, okra, squash, and zuchini this week. May have to cover the tomato plants this weekend as they are predicting lows in the upper 30's.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #14  
Great thread,

hybrid sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, bell peppers, sweet peas watermelon, cantelope, yellow squash,zucchini, onions.

We try to plant what we can freeze, or grow cheaper than I can buy off season.

Now all I need is one of you guy's to tell me where I can buy rib-eye, serloin and strip steak seeds.......

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN?
Great thread,

hybrid sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, bell peppers, sweet peas watermelon, cantelope, yellow squash,zucchini, onions.

We try to plant what we can freeze, or grow cheaper than I can buy off season.

Now all I need is one of you guy's to tell me where I can buy rib-eye, serloin and strip steak seeds.......

I'm told they grow these in TEXAS, Somewhere around Springtown I believe, maybe try starting there:D

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #16  
Just finished with mustard greens, currently have brussel sprouts, tomatoes, peppers and onions. Soon to come are squash, okra, and maybe some watermelon. If I had more time, I'd do a lot more.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #17  
ROCKS!!!! This is my third year for this garden spot and I'm still removing rocks. I have removed about 1200 pounds this Spring and about 3 1/2 tons total. They call this place Stone County for a reason.

It's in pretty good shape right now. I can run the tiller through it without digging up anymore rocks and it has been a challenge to get to that point. I will plow it with the tractor one more time and pick out the new rocks and till one more time and I'll be ready to plant.

Taters and maters and squash and beans and okra and watermelons. Hopefully I can start planting next week.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #18  
1/3 acre of 2 ft deep snow..........soon to be mud. We won't get planted till late May.

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #19  
Will be planting a total of 3-4 acres. Currently potatoes and onions; soon to be, corn, 4-5 different peppers, okra, cucumber, squash, greenbeans, peas, cantaloupe, watermelon.

Fall crop of Indian corn, 6 different types of pumpkin.

Also a deer graveyard:eek::D

/ WHATS IN YOUR GARDEN? #20  
ROCKS!!!! This is my third year for this garden spot and I'm still removing rocks. I have removed about 1200 pounds this Spring and about 3 1/2 tons total. They call this place Stone County for a reason.

It's in pretty good shape right now. I can run the tiller through it without digging up anymore rocks and it has been a challenge to get to that point. I will plow it with the tractor one more time and pick out the new rocks and till one more time and I'll be ready to plant.

Taters and maters and squash and beans and okra and watermelons. Hopefully I can start planting next week.

Make sure that you get all of the rock out, if you miss one, they will reproduce like crazy.