What's up with Long

/ What's up with Long #21  
Re: What\'s up with Long

I'am considering a 360 with fel,but also have the same reservations as many of you.
How can they sell seemingly great machines with:
1. A bogus website?
2.A one page brochure that covers two models?
3.No advertising?
It's almost like they have no sales department,it really seems like a half-assed operation.
I like the 360,but won't buy untill Long comes out of it's hole and sees it's shadow.....Mike

/ What's up with Long #22  

Somehow, somewhere, during my move last year, my Long 2360 service manual got lost. I contacted Long by e-mail a couple of months ago to get another one. The following is the reply that I got within an hour.

<font color=blue>Thanks for your recent inquiry. Please note that any LongAgribusiness
dealer will be able to assist you with your manual and service needs. I
have attached an excel spreadsheet that shows all stocking tractor dealers
in NC. If you do not have a dealer in your area, our dealer here in
Tarboro can assist you. You can reach Long Equipment at <font color=red># 1-800-488-2012.</font color=red>
They can ship COD or charge to major credit cards.
I hope this information helps. If I can be of further assistance, please
do not hesitate to email.
Regards,
A. Bridgers
Service and Warranty</font color=blue>

I ended up calling the 800# to order the manual because it was faster. The closest Long dealer to me is 30 mi away and would have, had to order one for me.
I also have a list of all the Long dealers addresses and phone numbers in NC if any one needs this info. There are 19 total stocking dealers in N.C.
I have also just e-mailed Angela with the question,, What's Up With Long ??. Maybe I will get an answer, maybe not.

/ What's up with Long

Maybe that's the point.

I hear people complaining about some of the others as being too slick at marketing. There certainly is a balance between too much marketing, and too little.

The tractors sure look nice, owners rave about them, but in nearly a month since I started this thread, there still doesn't really seem to be a Long.

/ What's up with Long #24  

Ok guys, I said that I would e-mail Angela at LongAgribusiness and see if maybe we could get an answer to the subject question. I don't know why no-one else is able to contact them. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gifAt 1 am this morning I sent the e-mail, at 9:28am I had an answer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifThe following is the reply that I recieved...

<font color=blue>Thanks for letting me know about the web site. I have gotten with our
marketing department and the sales department to make them aware. We are
trying to fine tune our web site and get it back up and going. Also, we
are going to reply to the tractorbynet site to let everyone know our phone
number, update on our web site, and how to contact us via email. Thanks
for the information that you put onto the forum page---I will also let you
know when we get our web site back up and going----thanks again!!!
A. Bridgers
Service and Warranty
LongAgribusiness</font color=blue>

In my recent post I have included, their phone#, address, and e-mail address.

/ What's up with Long

That's great, still no response to mine, but we'll see...

/ What's up with Long

HEY, ya'all There really is a Long!

Special thanks to ByuBill!

From their newly updated Website:

Welcome To
Long AgriBusiness
Common Sense Solutions
Our website will be completed on May 31, 2002
Come back and see our FIVE NEW MODELS
For information on
dealers, service or products
e-mail us at MARKETING@Longagri.com
Or call us at 252 823-4151 x242 or x311
We look forward to hearing from you.
Copyright (C) 2002 Long AgriBusiness

Can't wait to see what's new...

/ What's up with Long #27  

<font color=red>Special thanks to ByuBill!</font color=red>

Thanks Mike but no special thanks are needed. Just trying to help out. Some people say that I am persistant, others say that I am just a pain in the /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif rear. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I also can't wait to see what is new. Maybe I can do some trading /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif. Now let's see if they post an answer to the <font color=blue>'What's Up With Long'</font color=blue> question, here on TBN...

/ What's up with Long #28  

Dear TBN guests,
Just wanted to let everyone know that LongAgribusiness is alive and well. We have been updating our web site, www.longagri.com, and hope to have it up and going on or before May 31, 2002. Our new web site will feature our new products, product specifications, program information, dealer locators, and much more. The web site update has been a major undertaking and we hope that you will visit and see first hand some of the exciting changes.
For additional information you can reach LongAgribusiness at # 252-823-4151 Ext 242 or Ext 311.
Regards,
A. Bridgers
Service and Warranty
LongAgribusiness, LLC

/ What's up with Long

Is that applause I hear?

Glad to see the response!!!

/ What's up with Long #30  

I'm not sure about applauding LongAgribusiness as a whole just yet. Although I do applaude Angela for following through. After my e-mail to her in the service & warranty dept, the website came up with a little more info and she posted her info here on TBN. I suppose that it is up to the marketing dept. now to get the info out to the public.

Thanks again Angela!!