What's Up With Titan these days???

/ What's Up With Titan these days??? #12  
Probably even cheaper if you order them directly from China yourself.

That is not only true, but is every purchaser's quest to cut out the middleman, although I may have had to buy 100 of them :)

I am now going to admit something which I may be the only person to have done, but I have also bought tools from Harbor Freight vs calling the Snap-On guy:oops:. I bought Titan's US made stump bucket (645 on sale) which was more for the US made version, but still 1/2 the cost of the more high-end ones. I ordered it on Amazon and had it within 4 days and it works great. Many factors go into my purchases like intended use, required timeframe, and of course quality and cost.

Things I use very often tend to be very well-known brands on this board when it makes sense and when funds allow. At the time, I had bought a very heavy duty landplane and was on a near 6 MONTH wait and that timeline was totally unacceptable for the purchase of the stump bucket.

/ What's Up With Titan these days??? #13  
I've been trying to buy US made implements when I can. Got a CID set of forks and a King Kutter brush hog locally. I prefer buying from a dealer but very few around my area stock many implements and if they do they are not what I am looking for. I've also run into the multi month wait timeline and they will order it if I pay in full and won't give a firm delivery date. Hopefully dealers will start to build up some inventory but with the way the past few years have gone I don't expect it. In regards to the post puller, I did look at some other manufacturers but they didn't appear to be a better design or built heavier than the Titan one and were normally double the cost. I'll be interested to see what I get for what I paid.

/ What's Up With Titan these days??? #14  
As an alternative, go to a dealer and look at HLA
I have forks from Titan and a grapple from HLA. I would recommend both of them to another buyer. Both very well made.

/ What's Up With Titan these days??? #15  
I just put his little pallet fork grapple together using an older set of 42" forks I had lying around and a Titan Claw that popped up on sale.
This is on my 773 BC but it fits a any tractor with SSQA

Attachments

• IMG_2907.JPG
    IMG_2907.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2908.JPG
    IMG_2908.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
   / What's Up With Titan these days??? #16  
I have forks from Titan and a grapple from HLA. I would recommend both of them to another buyer. Both very well made.
Here’s my HLA single arm Log Grapple mounted on Kivel Forks on our small tractor

1668810278553.jpeg

/ What's Up With Titan these days??? #17  
Hey Dude. Your small tractor is bigger than my big tractor :D

/ What's Up With Titan these days??? #18  
Received the Titan post puller today. Got it in less than a week with no issues. Seems to be heavy duty and no issues thus far. Installed it on the tractor but couldn't hook up the hydraulics since it had larger flat faced fittings (1") than I had fittings for. I see there are no grease zerks on the pivot point so might want a mod there and I may change out the hoses since they are super long. Winter coming fast so I probably won't be using it much this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 65
   / What's Up With Titan these days??? #19  
I thought mine was missing grease fittings - turned out they were on the pivot bolt heads. Every one of them

Last edited:
   / What's Up With Titan these days??? #20  
I hope I did speak for Titan quality too soon. The new Grapple has a leak right out of the box. :oops:
QA female fitting thread may be stripped onto the hose fitting. Called Titan. Was told to fill out a form online and submit a picture of the problem. Which I did.
Titan CS contacted me by email and asked for a picture of the problem. Which I sent again. After some back and forth they agreed to send the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_2926.JPG
    IMG_2926.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 75