Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol ....

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #31  
Back when I was singing Bass in the choir and Men's octet a Church I bugged the music director to get that one for us, but she always said (probably right too) that we'd all be crying and unable to sing it!
+1 Same here! We, at one time, had a young lady do a wonderful job with this song.

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #32  
+1 Same here! We, at one time, had a young lady do a wonderful job with this song.

I like Faith Hill's "A baby changes everything" also... Similar.

This Saturday my 11 year old is playing Mary in the Church Christmas pagent and is singing a solo "The Face of God" while holding the baby... She is really blooming as a singer right now and I suspect there will not be a dry eye in the pews...

I also really enjoy old 30's 40's 50's blues and jazz greats singing Christmas songs, like Louis Jordan's "Sant Claus, Santa Claus", and Lightning Hopkins...

Good stuff...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
David

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #33  
Mine is either Robert Earl Keen's cover of "Merry Christmas from the Family (Feliz Navidad)" or Steve Earle's "Nothing but a Child."

My favorite seasonal hymn is "We Three Kings", but I think that technically that's an Epiphany song, not a Christmas carol.

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #34  
My favorite seasonal hymn is "We Three Kings", but I think that technically that's an Epiphany song, not a Christmas carol.
Similiar could be said of "Joy To The World" - it really isn't a Christmas carol.

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #35  
I love Christmas music but hate when people butcher the songs. So many newly butchered ones this year. You can tell when the singer is really into it. The radio plays continuous music on a few stations but some songs are way over played like the Band-Aid one and Feliz Navidad. I really like the way TSO and Mannheim Steamroller has done them. Hard to beat Nat though. 'Mary did you know' brings some serious emotion when done well. Merry Christmas folks!

/ Whats your favoite X-Mas Carol .... #36  
This one gets me too. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BARVAg0gl6w]Joseph's Song -Michael Card - YouTube[/ame]