What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #242  
We don't live there. Have a lot of in laws there. I like the country better. But the food there is to die for. Best Italian food in the country. Imagine a PA. Dutch boy eating Italian food. I didn't know it existed till I met my wife. The first time I met the family in Philly they asked me if I wanted gravy on my spaghetti. Boy did I get a lesson that day. The best veil cutlets in the world. They are so thin you can see though them. I need to get there soon. Football season is only a month away.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #243  
Cheeseburger. There is nothing like 80/20 ground beef on a komodo style grill with lump charcoal.
I like them more than steaks!

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #244  
Cheeseburger. There is nothing like 80/20 ground beef on a komodo style grill with lump charcoal.
Wow! Better than a med/rare ribeye!

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #245  
A small Italian sub at Santoro's in Lowell, MA. With mayo.

By far the dirtiest place I've ever been in and you take your life in your hands in the parking lot (junkies and such). But the subs are worth it. So good.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #247  

By far the dirtiest place I've ever been in and you take your life in your hands in the parking lot (junkies and such). But the subs are worth it. So good.
My daughter married a "SUPER Clean FREAK!!"
About a year after they were married they moved to New Haven, CT.

Well, each day, I would search for the oldest, least clean "hole it the wall" and then I would take everybody there for dinner.
I thought he was gonna die!! (He did not even like to have the different foods touch on his plate!)

After about the 4th day,, he began enjoying the food, and would ask where we were going that evening!!.

NOW, he also enjoys hunting such places, when he is traveling,,

I used to work in Lowell,, and lived in Wilmington,, but, that was a LOT of years ago!!

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #248  
Soft shell crab sandwich especially from lower Maryland.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #249  

There was a Santoro's in Nashua, N.H. many years ago, any connection? Likewise, kind of a sketchy neighborhood, but great subs! No idea if it's still there, Google search didn't show anything.
No mayonnaise on mine though!!!

Getting hard to find a good sub shop, most of the mom & pop ones closed when the owners retired & the kids weren't interested. Mostly chains now, OK but not great.
Nadeau's in Manchester is still around, run by the kids. No idea if it's as good as it was.
I'll take a burger over a steak any day of the week!

Last edited:
   / What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???
Hot pastrami & swiss on light rye (as long as there is fat in the pastrami), good cuban sandwich (40 years+) since I had a really good one, hot italian sausage with grilled onions/peppers cheese & sauce. Real philly cheese steak. bbq brisket from the point, anything meaty with bacon & cheese.
The reason "real" Cuban sandwiches are rare and hard to find anywhere north of Tampa is THE BREAD...!
Ask any of the famous bakers in Tampa and parts south and they will tell you that it takes high humidity for the dough to rise properly...
Can't say for other areas but in N. GA there are a few places that get Cuban loaves shipped up once or twice a week but usually in those case when I order a sandwich I get it pressed...where as in FL and I know the bread is fresh daily I will eat them cold...always with mustard...never mayo...(an authentic Cuban sandwich does NOT have mayo)...!