What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #271  
I generally don't care what I eat as long as it makes me full.

But on occasion, I'll give myself a treat. And that treat is a pastrami reuben on mable rye. You have to get it from a proper jewish deli though, if you cut pastrami wrong, it ruins the taste. 6oz of pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and russian dressing, grilled to perfection. There's not a lot of places that can make a proper one. And I know jews aren't supposed to have cheese with meat, but sometimes I'll make an exception. The results are to die for.

If you're in these parts, I can recommend you a family deli that will make one properly.
cream cheese and olives, hard to beat. I'm still in the philippies for another 3 weeks or so and have a box of ausie cream cheese in the frig but no green olives.

mark

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #272  
I think we are programmed to like salt from thousands of years of using it to preserve foods.

Certainly makes the taste pop, just ask any restaurant, it's their secret ingredient, like cheese sauce.
I have cut salt entirely out of my cooking, when I eat out, or eat grocery store meals, I go into salt overload

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #273  

What's Your Favorite Sandwich...???​

I got a few
Soft shell crab, Almost any white flshed fish, Tunafish from real tuna not the crap in the can, and Thickly sliced salted Tomato & mayo on white sourdough
Then there are the Rubens and pastrami sandwiches using the Turley pastrami I make myself.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #274  
I will slice up a banana to put on it, or maybe sprinkle on some cashews, potato chips, or granola. I tried putting jerky on once but it wasn't such a good idea.

What I am about to divulge is addictive,, so use this concept with care,, you may not be able to go back,,,
My 4 grandchildren were over for lunch one day,,

I made peanut butter sandwiches,, they wanted jelly,, of course, we had none,,
I sprinkled on Nestles Chocolate chips before adding the top piece of bread,,
THEN,, I nuked it in the microwave for just a very short time,, 12-15 seconds.

Well, not only is the chocolate soft, the peanut butter gets slightly runny,,
the kids went NUTS!!

Their dad is anti-microwave,, he thinks only people that live alone have a use for a microwave,, not a family of 6.

So, since they do not have the microwave, EVERY time they are here,, I have to make this for them.
If they are here for a short time, only an hour or two,, I can make one sandwich, cut it like a pizza into pieces, and they love it.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #275  
Probably Ruben and second maybe a grilled cheese with mustard and pickles on Sour dough bread. Also BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwitch.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #276  
Real Caribbean Goat Roti.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #277  
I forgot one of my favorites. A peanut butter sandwich sprinkled generously with blueberries.

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #278  
Most anything I don't have to prepare myself.........

/ What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #279  
I like turkey sandwich from kroger.
I just noticed that quality of their products is much better than it was before and i think it is the work of kroger customer service from the website. I guess all the complaints and feedbacks made the impact and they listened to their clients like every other business should do.

Last edited:
   / What's Your Favorite Sandwich...??? #280  
Hands down the best anywhere.
74A46BF6-DF9C-46BE-9092-043B22DB8D43.jpeg