What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #22  
Just this spring I pulled the muffler off my Echo PAS266 Trimmer (7 years old) and Echo CS370 chainsaw (8± years old) that has been fed only Echo two stroke like in the pic. Not a spec of carbon in either.
I'm assuming part of the reason, other that using a good brand name oil, is that when they're running, they're run wide open when they're run, or not at all. Only time they're idling is just started cold or when they're cooling off from running.
Wide open in a cut is fine but wide open and free wheeling isn't good.

My ancient Stihl FS66 brush trimmer is also carbon free in the exhaust port and I've never had to roast the spark arrestor screen either.

I was always a Stihl person until I purchased my first Echo. from here on out, will only be Echo saws and possibly an Echo trimmer / brush cutter when my ancient FS66 craps out.

Stihl has basically priced themselves out of the consumer market plus Stihl has succumbed to the noise police. Every arborist I know, first thing they do with a new Stihl is open up the muffler, pop the limiter caps and tune them properly. I know all the professional arborists around here as I sharpen all their chipper knives for them and as late, been grinding loops for them as well. Quality loops are getting pretty expensive today. Back in the day when one of them rocked a loop, they'd take it off and put on a new one. Not any more. Makes better financial sense to regrind them now.

Just ground over 80 loops for one outfit, 325 chipper, 404 skip tooth and 025 Pico for their in tree saws, plus 40 sets of Bandit chipper knives and 4 anvils. Getting so I have to turn down work if they want it asap, just don't have the time.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #23  
With all the new legal mandates hitting gas equipment I imagine Stihl sees this as a future growth segment.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #24  
Never heard of it before. Not sold around here that I know of.
I generally buy it at O'Reilly's, but here's a link for it at Summit. Anywhere that sells RP either has it, or can get it. It's good oil, and is 100% synthetic. I use to use it in my 2 stroke dirt bikes when I rode, and I still use it in my chainsaws and weedeaters.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #25  
Both Stihl and Echo are slowly going battery powered saws and trimmers of which I don't want anyway. Stihl now has the M-Tronic saws with fuel injection again, something I'm not interested in. Like the new T4 tractors, they seem to have more than average issues.

Even though Echo lists their manufacturing facility as here in the states, all the saws are made in Japan and (I presume) final assembly is here only and the quality of them surpasses Stihl in my opinion. One of my arborist customers just purchased a top handle Stihl battery powered saw and he's not at all happy with it's performance.

When I can buy a new Echo 60cc saw for a couple hundred less than a comparable Stihl and the powerhead is lighter, it becomes a no brainer for me. Besides, Echo's are pretty easy to modify for more grunt.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #26  
Always been a Echo Fan since first purchase SRM handle bar brush cutter 43 years ago.

The Stihl was back ordered and more expensive and I had fire suppression work that could not wait.

Took some ribbing for years about my purchase and later bought, string trimmer, pump, backpack blower etc…

All have exceeded expectation with no failures but my use is seasonal weekly for some and intense leading up to fire season…

That said the outright ban of gas power equipment under threat of fine had me invest heavily in the Stihl AP line and so far so good except for price…

I would like Stihl to make the AP battery more useful as a power supply like other manufacturers for charging/running lights, phones, computers…

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #27  
No, gotten to where I'll rock with battery powered hand tools. (Drills, weedeaters, impacts, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, etc) No pneumatic hoses to hassle with, no gas or premix to fill, no tuning necessary, no cords to pull, or plugs to foul. If the battery's charged just pull the trigger. They generally have strong torque, low weight, and little vibration. Plus they're quiet.

I'm 41 now, which means I'm older than petrified stinky, and I was out cutting old shrubbery that has gotten way overgrown off my wall today, and I was using my red Husqvarna (Jonsered) 372XP today, and my cheap HF Braun electric saw with only a 10" bar, and the electric saw was just way easier in this crazy heat. With that said my Jonsered needs its blade sharpened something desperately, but still. I tried my parents new Kobalt electric weedeater out a few months back, and that thing is easy peasy. The battery lasts for longer than my weedeaters gas tank, and it's pretty powerful and lightweight. Look, I have no desire for electric vehicles. I don't want a ZTR with a battery pack, or a fake Lightning truck that's electric, but when I'm having to expend energies, these battery powered tools are easy, and covenant, and don't tire you out as bad.

If I'm out sawing up some big oak tree or something, then yeah I'll take a powerful gas saw with a sharp chain.

EDIT: On top of all that these E-tools are pretty safe. You let go of the trigger, and they cut off. Not so much with a gas powered tool like a chainsaw.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #28  
Wide open in a cut is fine but wide open and free wheeling isn't good.
You're correct, I misspoke, wide open when cutting or trimming is what I was meaning.

/ What's Your Favourite 2 Stroke Oil Mix Tool #29  
I am a firm believer in Stihl, for me they just last. Over the past 2 years I have been using their AK series home owner line of battery operated equipment and it is so much easier on me because of the difference in weights. For example it takes me 4 hours to trim most everything to 6+ hours to trim EVERYTHING. At 70, how did I get this old, there is a world of difference between packing the FS110 gas trimmer and the battery trimmer for that length of time especially on the road banks and ditch line. Something that 10 even 5 years ago I would not have paid much if any attention to.

There are trade offs between using gas or battery and I still use my gas powered tools but as time goes on I am firmly moving into the battery operated camp.

It has been years since I owned any Echo or any other brand of equipment and I am sure things have changed but I just could not get the life out of them like the, yes more expensive, Stihl.