Whats your thoughts on finding a water source

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #61  
Oh good grief.

:laughing:

It would fail because it's bunk. It's right up there with voodoo, witch doctors, magic spells, bigfoot, etc....

Well Mossroad, I gave you a specific example of my personal experience and you and your closed mind essentially call me a liar.

Granted, with anything we experience there is always the possibility that chance played a part in the result. Perhaps you remember maybe 50 years ago when acupuncture was considered a hoax. Do you include acupuncture in your list as well?

A closed mind is not a healthy mind. I learned long time ago to never say never, because there are always exceptions.

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #62  
Well Mossroad, I gave you a specific example of my personal experience and you and your closed mind essentially call me a liar.

Granted, with anything we experience there is always the possibility that chance played a part in the result. Perhaps you remember maybe 50 years ago when acupuncture was considered a hoax. Do you include acupuncture in your list as well?

A closed mind is not a healthy mind. I learned long time ago to never say never, because there are always exceptions.

I would disagree with him also, I have seen it done, and have done it myself, tracking down waterlines .

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #63  

I didn't call you a liar. I believe it's bunk and no one can reproduce results under controlled settings. Dowsing HAS been proven to be just as accurate as blink luck, in multiple studies. Over and over again.

I do not have a closed mind. I do have reasoning. And I'm open to any proof that someone can give in a controlled situation. Heck, I've seen some reasonably strange things happen in my life that at first seemed like divine intervention, but just happened to be coincidence and/or luck of the draw.

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #64  
I would disagree with him also, I have seen it done, and have done it myself, tracking down waterlines .

Then why didn't you go and claim the million dollar prize? Why didn't anyone claim the million dollar prize? Because no one can do it in a controlled situation with anymore accuracy than blind luck. ;)

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #65  
Then why didn't you go and claim the million dollar prize? Why didn't anyone claim the million dollar prize? Because no one can do it in a controlled situation with anymore accuracy than blind luck. ;)

There's a contest of some sort??

And NOTHING is right all the time, not the weatherman, not the doctor, this is all lame.

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source
I truly wish that the debating would stop on any of my threads.

This isn't a poll about who's right and what's wrong every time somebody makes some Ludacris post I get an alert and I take my time to open it only to find some comment that is irrelevant to the purpose of the entire thread I know nobody cares but what a waste of my time

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #67  
I'm like Mossroad, I just don't buy into it. To much of a science mind I guess. On the other hand I have seen people that don't normally believe in this sort of thing believe in witching. What I have learned is to not make fun of them.

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #68  
I'm like Mossroad, I just don't buy into it. To much of a science mind I guess. On the other hand I have seen people that don't normally believe in this sort of thing believe in witching. What I have learned is to not make fun of them.

Well stated.

I've done it with excellent results.

I've done it with poor results.

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #69  
I do not have a closed mind. I do have reasoning. And I'm open to any proof that someone can give in a controlled situation. Heck, I've seen some reasonably strange things happen in my life that at first seemed like divine intervention, but just happened to be coincidence and/or luck of the draw.

Ha, ha, just for fun I will say that is what they all say...

BUT do you think there are any things that go on in nature or life that cannot be explained? Like the ability of birds to migrate thousands of miles, and to return where they came from the next year? Things do happen that, on average, do happen repeatedly, to some degree. For unexplained reasons.

I have found during my years on the planet is the best way to prove to oneself that something is not true, is to decide it is not true and write it off before even trying it.

Anyway, no offense really taken if anyone calls me nuts when I do something that produces results, for reasons I don't know, or really care why. Would I offer to go find a pipe or something in the ground for a fee? No way. No guarantee I would. And I am not interested in doing more than maybe helping someone, regardless of what the help needed may be.

Too bad someone who has tried this does not live close to those who have not seen this work. It is worth a look, really. But remember it does not work for everyone. Nothing works for everyone in life, all the time, does it?

One small other thing. I myself do not consider this dowsing. It is just two wires bent at ninety degrees that swing when something in the ground (or above) is passed under/over. Do not think it is the same as a forked twig...maybe wrong...do not know the technicalities...

/ Whats your thoughts on finding a water source #70  
I will not hold you too close to your analogy, after all, I am certain it was just one example you came up with. But I was thinking that the bird analogy did not really fly :) Their abilities are honed over millions of years of evolutionary selection across may subspecies and branch-offs.

Whereas supposed dowsing in some cases is a person with bent wires that somehow move in response to underground water. There is not enough critical mass of evolutionary standing to support such a skill set.

Help me out here. Do they move because the person's seventh sense commands his hands into an out of level condition and the wires pendulum in the slightly downward direction? Or, do the person's hands remain perfectly level and somehow an unknown force driven by the proximity to water move the wires? Is that force able to overcome the gravity pendulum of out of level hands?

I do know that if I were to try this on my property, I would find water the first time my hands were not perfectly level. The reason why is that when the excavator dug test holes during my house construction, subsurface water was everywhere.

A quick google came up with this...
Birds Can See Earth's Magnetic Fields, And Now We Know How That's Possible