Tires Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #11  
My BX2660 has filled turf tires and wheel spacers. Good setup.

My only other comment- get a 60" MMM, not a 54". If you want to use spacers, you would normally need the 60" anyway.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #12  
bx2660 with filled turf tires, never bin stuck in snow, have rear blower with front plow. had chains on twice with no problems but found i didn't need them. I plow about a 1/4 mile blacktop lane. I usually plow in two wheel drive.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #13  
Something to remember is that you should really have some ballast on the back if you are doing a lot of loader work. Filling the rears or adding wheel weights will certainly provide counter weight for the loader, but the fulcrum is your front axle, and that's not good for it. And now you have the loader and whatever it's lifting on the one side, and the rest of the tractor AND the filled tires on the other.

Your actually going to be harder on your tractor if you fill the tires and do any significant loader work without using rear ballast. I have filled rear tires, and wouldn't have it any other way, but it's for stability and traction.

Adding ballast behind your rear axle will help to unload the front axle. I would at least get the ballast box, and load it with some weight.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370
Thanks for all the responses. Not quite the consensus one hoped, but there is some agreement. I will most likely get just the rear tires filled with something other than plain water and the ballast box. The wheel weights and spacers I can wait on since I can do those myself without having to trailer the tractor somewhere.

Other threads on tire types are just as divided. I may rethink things. Here in mild CA in the foothills at only 2000' the only winter work is likely to be moving the clump of snow that my wrong way roof deposits in front of the garage. No snow this year and its February already. The East is getting hit hard and we're likely in for a drought and a horrendous fire season.

I foresee most tractor work in mild weather. One third of the property is a nice little pasture that the neighbors will likely want me to mow now that I have something to do it with (not with the MMM - yet another implement to get). Long dry grass is still a fire hazard even though it is the required legal distance from any structure. Grass grows when it is still wet out of course and this pasture can be a little soggy. Maybe R4s are better. Just have to learn to drive right on my pseudo lawn (no sharp turns and take it out of 4WD when mowing).

No 60" MMM. Again I have a tight yard to maneuver in. I would have got a 48" if Kubota made one for the 2370.

I'll be informing my dealer that the TractorByNet is 100% in disfavor of filling tires with plain water. It struck me as a little too carefree. No complaints in all his years says he. Well, I don't want to be the first one.

Good answers all and in just one day.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #15  
BX2230 with filled turfs. I plow snow with my fel and 5 foot rear blade. Yes, I've been stuck in the snow and had to use the fel to push my way out, never been towed though, except when I fell off the edge of a concrete driveway. I've also pushed snow so heavy that I lifted the front wheels off the pavement and then had the rear tires chirp when I spun out. I have a set of weights to put on the wheels when I want even more weight. The improvement in stability is well worth it to me compared to driving down the grass just a bit more. The machine is about 1200 lbs dry weight, another 100 on each rear isn't going to mash the grass much more than it does already. But for heavy fel work, you definitely want something behind you. Enjoy it, these little beasts are great fun.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #16  
I have a 2370 with the same set up you describe and live on an island off the east coast of Canada which gets very heavy snow. I have a rear mounted snowblower..On the advice of my dealer I stayed with turf tires and have not regretted the decision. I routinely deal with 5 foot drifts and have never had a traction issue. I do use a ballast box if I do any heavy FEL work. Rear tires are loaded. I do have a set of chains from my previous tractor but have never found the need to mount them. I am relatively new to the tractor world so I am happy to listen to the advice of more experienced operators however I can tell you that my set up as works perfectly for me.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #17  
I would ad that calcium chloride can cause rust- I have experienced it. Filled tires are great for traction, but rear weight helps balance or offset the load on the front wheels when you have something heavy in the bucket, and that can be a good thing. No perfect single solution for a tractor that does multiple chores, IMO.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #18  
No 60" MMM. Again I have a tight yard to maneuver in. I would have got a 48" if Kubota made one for the 2370.

I thought the same thing when I bought my BX2200 and opted for the 54" mower. Thing is, with the narrow mower, you physically have to get the tractor closer to everything you are mowing near. If you have trees, this is a particular pain.

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #19  
I wouldn't fill your tires if you are worried about your lawn. You will want counterweight when using the FEL and as long as you can get that work done with a rear implement attached then I would go that way. This is a much more efficient counterweight. Not sure about your terrain but if you have much slope at all, I highly recommend the spacers. If I absolutely needed to do FEL work in tight spots, I would lean toward wheel weights that you could remove when not needed to spare the lawn. My :2cents:

/ Wheel Spacers and weights for a new BX2370 #20  
I have a BX 25 and do a fair bit of plowing. One of the more experienced dealers I consulted before purchasing was quite clear that turf tires were better in snow and I have no doubt about that. For your use I would stick with turf tires if you're concerned about your pseudo lawn. They treat mine very well except when it is supper soggy in the spring. I do put chains on mine in winter for plowing but my situation is different than yours. I plow a well used private lane which gets a fair bit of ice build-up and not tire, except one with studs, would work well on that. If I were just doing an asphalt drive, I would not put on the chains, or the wheel spacers that I'm about to get to help with clearance for them.
My rear tires are filled with Rim-Guard and I would not have it any other way! It add stability and traction and I have never regretted it. Filled tires will give you a lower COG than wheel weights! I do have a home made ballast for the 3pt that sticks out less than the Kubota version which gets used for heavy loader work.

Enjoy!