When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems?

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #91  
A coworker's wife was mowing grass ~30-35 years ago and the chute became blocked with grass, she reached in to unblock it. That was a few years before they started putting the "idiot handles" on them.
Yeah but there are some people who should not use power tools, in fact any tools for that matter....... There should no need to be 16 pages of safety warning in a 20 page operators manual....

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #93  
Yeah but there are some people who should not use power tools, in fact any tools for that matter....... There should no need to be 16 pages of safety warning in a 20 page operators manual....
Like my Dad used to say... "nothing sharper than a spoon".

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #94  

Attachments

• 6056FFFF-E756-41D1-B85F-7B5876889470.jpeg
    6056FFFF-E756-41D1-B85F-7B5876889470.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 91
   / When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #95  
Does anyone still use bar soap? Everything has been liquid for the past 20 years.
Yep, still do ...in fact I think there are some types of soap that can only be had as bar soap - not sure I've seen Lava soap in anything but bar form.

...and with rather trendy new bar soaps coming out (e.g. Dr. Squatch) it'd seem there's still quite a market for bar soaps.

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #96  
Would be pretty hard if my Irish Spring was a liquid and try to use it to keep local rat out of my jeep engine...

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #97  
Would be pretty hard if my Irish Spring was a liquid and try to use it to keep local rat out of my jeep engine...
Rats do not like to wash with irish spring?

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #98  
I am hoping all the soap that I purchase will be
biodegradable so no scum as the scum will stick
to pvc pipes and PLUG it up!

Irish spring shave pieces off of the bar and leave
them around the entrance doors to keep the flys
away

I have some plastic containers so will now mix up
some borax and sugar and water with a piece of
waffle so I can feed the ants

willy

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #99  
What factory-specific parts are there for JD tractors that aren't factory-only for other makes? Other than one-size-fits-many items like belts, filters, hydraulic cylinders, etc. most other stuff is OEM on other makes to. I'm not talking about repo parts for vintage tractors.

??? I was aware of zero issues transitioning from 32 to 64 bit Windows, I sure never had any.
I do recall several fanboy friends grumbling about when Macs went to Intel (?) processors and none of their old software ran on the new OS.
Proprietary Quick Connect is why I didn't by JD.
Just like the company Apple. Everything is proprietary so you need to pay their crazy prices for anything to work with the Apple equipment.
I won't buy from a company that gets you on the hook THEN continues to beat you up for owning their stuff. Quality aftermarket QA implements are much cheaper then JDs proprietary implements. That's not right.
You can't bring food to a movie theater but they are allowed to rip you off forthwith In-house food. BOYCOTT

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #100  
Just like the company Apple. Everything is proprietary so you need to pay their crazy prices for anything to work with the Apple equipment.
I won't buy from a company that gets you on the hook THEN continues to beat you up for owning their stuff.
Agree.
I had bought and Apple smart tv box to replace my Roku. Hooked it up and went to use it, had to have an Apple account ot watch something on my TV that I was paying a subscription service for. Unhooked it and took it back. I refuse to support Apple in any way shape or form.
There's a guy on youtube that repairs Apple phones, the way Apples stuff is so proprietary is just plain ridiculous. Last video he bought two new recent apple phones and exchanged the screens, it disabled a bunch of functions for no reason other than to cost you more money.