When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"?

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #31  
That's what my father always preferred to cut his firewood with. We would stack it 4' to dry, then run it through the cordwood saw in the fall. His first ran off a flat belt and was designed to hook to the front of the Farmall, but he converted it to run off the 3PH of the 8N. When traded the Ford for his first Kubota in 1978 he bought a PTO driven saw.
He loved it, I hated it as I was always the one standing next to the blade taking wood off to throw it into the truck.

Same here and our old buzz saw didn't have a gaurd on it. One slip and valuable parts disappear.

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #32  
Same here and our old buzz saw didn't have a gaurd on it. One slip and valuable parts disappear.

We had one too and they were dangerous but with as many people as I knew had them I have never heard of anybody getting hurt by one. This always amazed me.

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #33  
Scary-looking things are safe. Safe-looking things kill people.

Buzzsaws vs PTO shafts.

Bruce

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #34  
I bought one of those for $50 with a 13 hp Honda motor on it. I pulled the Honda off and sold the saw for $65. IMG_4140.JPG

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #35  
Over the years I've parked several pieces of really old equipment in my front yard.

Drill-6.JPGGrain drill lawn art.JPGPlow lawn art.JPGSicklebar lawn art.JPGDrill 11.JPG

I don't put rusted junk there. I prefer to fix it up and get it looking close to original. In the case of the two Minneapolis Moline grain drills, I restored both of them and used one for planting and the other for yard art. Although I really like rat rods. Some of those are minor works of art.

Good luck

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #37  
Over the years I've parked several pieces of really old equipment in my front yard.

View attachment 559066View attachment 559067View attachment 559068View attachment 559069View attachment 559070

I don't put rusted junk there. I prefer to fix it up and get it looking close to original. In the case of the two Minneapolis Moline grain drills, I restored both of them and used one for planting and the other for yard art. Although I really like rat rods. Some of those are minor works of art.

Good luck

We have several ex farmers still on the original place who collect and display various things. One specialized in Oliver wheel tractors, had about 20 lined up (still does but)...now has International KB series trucks in best display palce.. He goes through every addition and puts them back in running condition. Topper is about 20 miles away. Big operation. Erected a 20ft pole and parked a D6 Cat on top but first did a complete overhaul on it. Nice to h ave money to spend on a hobby!