When is a Grapple a Tree Shear?

/ When is a Grapple a Tree Shear?
   / When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #42  
If you could only have one attachment what would it be?

If you could only have one attachment what would it be?
Well that's a hard choice, but since there are still so many cedar trees here, it would be this one:

P6210037.JPG

/ When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #44  
I'd pick my grapple. Then I would give the other implements to my Grandpa. Then I could still use them on his smaller tractor.

/ When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #45  
While I would agree a tree puller is valuable. It might come in a close third to a Grapple.

For me, I'd be aggravated at that type of Tree Puller all the time. Way too hard to get ahold of an object. A jaw type is easier to load and can carry multiple small trees with ease.

/ When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #46  
While I would agree a tree puller is valuable. It might come in a close third to a Grapple. For me, I'd be aggravated at that type of Tree Puller all the time. Way too hard to get ahold of an object. A jaw type is easier to load and can carry multiple small trees with ease.
It would be fine on a skid steer, but I see how that would be troublesome on a tractor.

/ When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #47  
It would be fine on a skid steer, but I see how that would be troublesome on a tractor.

Even on a SS, you gotta swing past the tree and then swing into it. V design is so much easier to use. And allows collecting more than one small tree before dumping on the pile.

--------------------------------------

For me, I'd be aggravated at that type of Tree Puller all the time. Way too hard to get ahold of an object
. A jaw type is easier to load and can carry multiple small trees with ease.
I agree if it was on a tractor, but on the Versahandler, with 4 wheel steering and being able to see the jaws from the seat, it is easy to clamp on.

P9030029.JPG

Just drive forward, turn right when the front jaw is at the trunk and clamp.

P9030030.JPG

And pull.

P9030034.JPG

Last edited:
   / When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #49  
I'd put tractor brake steering against the 4 wheel steering,

/ When is a Grapple a Tree Shear? #50  
Doesn't matter what you hitch it to. It's not as easy to use as a jaw type. What exactly are the advantages of that type puller?