Where Does Your "Handle" Come From?

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From?
Mine is pretty unoriginal and obvious, I really like the Yanmar and will likely be a Yanmar for Life guy.

@tacticalturnip was the one I often wondered about and I agree @Yogi05 was a good story.

That's totally fitting that a teenager saw him pull of PB&j out of his pocket, without being in a baggie, and gave him a nickname. 😄

That's some Redneck stuff right there!
He was ten. And quick on his feet.
The same gang, me, buddy and his wife, and a few kids off to town for ice cream after dinner. Took the back roads.
Off at the far end of a field we could all see a herd of deer.
Friends wife just could not spot them despite everyone, including the quick kid trying to tell her where they were standing.
She never saw them.
The very next morning was the day we all headed to the drag races.
Not far from home a deer jumps out of the ditch, friend slams on the brakes and the deer just lightly rubbed the front of the car.
Silence for a second, then the same kid says to my friends wife
"Did you see THAT one"?
:):):)
I still chuckle thinking of that one.

As a side note, I was wearing cargo pants and it was in the leg pocket, so it's not like it was squished.
But then again, it had been there since early morning and needed to be eaten soon, soooo.

Last edited:
   / Where Does Your "Handle" Come From?
When I first joined TBN decades ago it seems...... I had a cottage near the town of Wawa which is north east of Lake Superior in Ontario Canada. Jake is my childhood nickname.
That giant goose still there?
I passed through there (one night in a hotel) as a kid in 1973 and seem
to remember a giant goose.
(Could be wrong).

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #63  
He was ten. And quick on his feet.
The same gang, me, buddy and his wife, and a few kids off to town for ice cream after dinner. Took the back roads.
Off at the far end of a field we could all see a herd of deer.
Friends wife just could not spot them despite everyone, including the quick kid trying to tell her where they were standing.
She never saw them.
The very next morning was the day we all headed to the drag races.
Not far from home a deer jumps out of the ditch, friend slams on the brakes and the deer just lightly rubbed the front of the car.
Silence for a second, then the same kid says to my friends wife
"Did you see THAT one"?
:):):)
I still chuckle thinking of that one.

As a side note, I was wearing cargo pants and it was in the leg pocket, so it's not like it was squished.
But then again, it had been there since early morning and needed to be eaten soon, soooo.
That reminds me of walking down the hall in middle school. Friend of mine was walking along eating a sandwich when the principal stepped out. Back in the day this would have been classified as a capital offense I'm sure, but the kid blurted out " The bag broke sir !"
Still one of the best examples of thinking on your feet I've seen to this day ! Principal was completely at a loss for words and my friend got away with it, he's probably a congressman by now !

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #64  
I lost the JD 650, which I'd had for 25 years and loved, in a fire (along with some other stuff I really appreciated). The JD1025R was the insurance replacement. As I had some inquiries about the new tractor, I found this site for answers. So a guy named Jim with a new 1025R... Not much imagination for a handle, but it got me into the group, and some great answers....

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #65  
That giant goose still there?
I passed through there (one night in a hotel) as a kid in 1973 and seem
to remember a giant goose.
(Could be wrong).
yup still there,

I am assuming most town has then but what’s cool about the small towns is you simply can’t miss them.

Last edited:
   / Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #67