Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer?

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
I bought a much larger trailer and I need to replace the deck boards. I figured I'd repaint it while I'm at it and put on new reflective tape and new LED lights. Anyway, my last several trailers have used the 'star' looking head on the relatively large screws that go right through 1/4" angle as well as the deck boards. I've never looked to buy any and they just looked at me like I was stupid when I asked about them at Lowes this morning. Anyone know a good place to buy them?

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #2  
If you can't find something local, look at mcmaster.com. They are an industrial supply place and I've always been able to get whatever odd hardware I need from them. They seem to have every weird screw and bolt you can think of.

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #3  
I'll second McMaster Carr. They have most anything you could need in fasteners and they are very fast with shipping. If it's not something that is readily available, I go to them instead of wasting time running around looking for it.

My trailer also had those star drive, self tapping screws, and most of them came out easy enough, about a dozen of them were rusted into place and I had to grind them off after breaking off the wood around them.

When I redid my trailer, I went with galv. carraige bolts. I also mounted the deck boards to every cross member. Previousl they were screwed in at three places and the ends were loose. I removed the angle iron that covered the back boards because that's where my rot started. I think it just holds water in there and the end grain sucks it up, causing hte rot to start there. Instead, I left it open and bolted the boards down. Time will tell if it was a good idea or a bad one, but at least I don't have a place for leaves to collect and water to soak in.

Eddie

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #4  
I am a trailer dealer in Colorado. We use Redneck Trailer Supply for everything from axles to lights. The store number is 303 702 1799

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #5  
Fastenal.com is a good place too. But I'd go McMaster-Carr first, if online.

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #6  
I have been getting them at Lowes.

Chris

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #8  
I bought a much larger trailer and I need to replace the deck boards. I figured I'd repaint it while I'm at it and put on new reflective tape and new LED lights. Anyway, my last several trailers have used the 'star' looking head on the relatively large screws that go right through 1/4" angle as well as the deck boards. I've never looked to buy any and they just looked at me like I was stupid when I asked about them at Lowes this morning. Anyone know a good place to buy them?

Hey, post some before and after pics also, we like pics.

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #9  
To answer the OP's question....

You local truck-trailer dealer! Dorsey, Grate Dane, Lufkin, Wabash, Pines any decent "big rig" trailer dealer will have GOOD quality deck screws cheap.

/ Where is a good place to get self tapping deck screws for trailer? #10  
Most trailer dealers will also have them. I have never been very successful getting the "self-tapping" screws to drill on their own. I usually drill a pilot hole first and then put in the screws.