where to buy a piranha bar?

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #21  
I don't think you will have cause to regret your decision. I was horribly disappointed with my FEL when I first bought the tractor. Seemed it would rather push a pile of dirt along than dig in and lift.
With the pirahna, everything just works better. This morning, I scraped about 20 yards of mucky clay & roots off a newly cleared area.
Many of the roots were cleanly sliced off and joined the mud in the bucket. Sure couldn't do that with an ordinary bucket edge!
It took me a bit to figure out how to get the Pirahna firmly seated onto the bucket edge. Using two large C clamps & a small sledgehammer, I was finally able to get it tight. (I used a chunk of 2X4 to protect the teeth when hammering the bar into place.)
Have fun!
Dan

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #22  
The edge on mine is fairly sharp. Hope it goes on without too much trouble

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #23  
The edge on mine is fairly sharp. Hope it goes on without too much trouble

I'm sure it will install just fine. One hint ... be careful lifting it alone. It is surprisingly sharp. My wounds are healing nicely (just kidding ... mostly).

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #24  
Ok thanks. I read where they weren't called piranha for nothing & wear cloves. I'm accident prone anyway.

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #25  
Hope it helps a lot for digging in the hard clay and sandstone. $300 is a little pricy with shipping for a strip of metal
Does anyone recall the diameter holes that need to be drilled? I want to make sure I have the right bit here when it comes.

We just added one to our CK35 about a month ago now. The tractor itself only had about 55 hours on it (and a lot of those were mowing hours) so the bucket edge was/is still pretty sharp/new and I can tell you there is an obvious difference digging into packed VA red clay with it on there. I have had to adjust my "attack plan" and go a little shallower just to keep from gouging into the ground.

In my opinion it is well worth the price. I doubt we will ever trade tractors in my farming lifetime but if we do I'll get another piranha bar no question.

And to re-affirm the holes are 3/4" diameter.

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #26  
Thanks N2. I'm anxiously awaiting the ups truck. I'll be looking for something to dig or clear right away to test. Hoping I can widen the hay field Along the edges and other brush the bush hog can't get. Always needing to dig something too

image-876316761.jpg

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #27  
Thanks N2. I'm anxiously awaiting the ups truck. I'll be looking for something to dig or clear right away to test. Hoping I can widen the hay field Along the edges and other brush the bush hog can't get. Always needing to dig something too

View attachment 441734

No idea what you have to dig. But for digging out a stump or making a hole to plant a tree, create a footing, etc., a bucket like these is not the best tool, or even a good tool. I prefer something like this: Stump Bucket Bobcat Extreme Fits Any Skidsteer w Universal Quick Attatch | eBay

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #28  
No idea what you have to dig. But for digging out a stump or making a hole to plant a tree, create a footing, etc., a bucket like these is not the best tool, or even a good tool. I prefer something like this: Stump Bucket Bobcat Extreme Fits Any Skidsteer w Universal Quick Attatch | eBay
I wasn't going to be using for any of those jobs. Just digging out in hard clay and sandstone.
I'm looking at it and one side of the bracket looks bent? Not sure the bolt would pull it back in or be long enough.
Here's the bent side

image-2334530884.jpg

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #29  
Straight side

image-3646987515.jpg

/ where to buy a piranha bar? #30  
I don't think you'll have a problem with the bend in that attach ear. Your bolt will suck that in easily. Steel is remarkably forgiving stuff & the mechanical advantage on even a coarse thread nut/bolt is pretty awesome.
If you need to, give it a whack with a soft hammer (or a hard hammer with a hunk of 2X4 against the part) to get it close enough to get the nut well started on the bolt.
It will probably end up with a bit of a "wiggle" in the bar, but it shouldn't have any negative effect.