where to buy grease fittings?

/ where to buy grease fittings? #11  
Without knowing what stores you have to chose from, kind of hard to help. Ace Hardware, etc?

Can you go to a hardware and get a bolt with the right threads you can use for the weekend to keep it sealed while you wait for the proper item next week?

Go to the local hardware store, get a piece of wooden dowel, hack off a small piece and thread it in.

Channel your inner Macgyver. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / where to buy grease fittings? #12  
The zerks kioti uses are not of their own, or really that special. They are 1/8 28 BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread) A bit more common in other parts of the world. But not the US.

A confusion we may run into here is the lack of labeling from manufacturers. They don't always include the "T" in BSPT. The tap, die, or zerk will sometimes just be labeled BSP. Now, BSPT is a tapered thread, like most pipe threads are. Very very similar in size to NPT, but not quite, which is where much of the confusion originates from.

All would be fine if there were only one type of BSP thread. But alas, such is not the case. There is also a BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel), that is also sometimes just labelled BSP. This thread is straight, and will not quite fit our application. It is too wide at the beginning of the thread to get it easily started.

Further confusion is added when providers call the thread "BSP straight" which implies BSPP, But sometimes shows up to my shop as BSPT, and other times it shows up as BSPP . More confusion still, BSPT male will actually fit into BSPP female, albeit slightly sloppy start of thread. But BSPP will not fit into BSPT.

All of that said, at the end of the day, what we need is 1/8 - 28 BSPT. You can find them here, 1/8-28 BSP Straight British Grease Zerk Nipple Fitting Nipple 1 Pcs | eBay

unlikely you'll find them anywhere local in the US yet.

/ where to buy grease fittings? #13  
You're going to have to order them. I don't understand why the dealer does not stock them? The argument is that they are an odd standard zerk IMHO is not acceptable.

/ where to buy grease fittings? #14  
I have an older Cub Cadet RZT50 mower that when I was greasing it the front caster wheel one fell out. From the factory it was pressed in. O'Reilleys nearby had a good supply including ones with a tap, so I drilled and tapped both sides putting in a Zerk.

/ where to buy grease fittings? #15  
I had one plugged zerk on my loader and was able to clean it out with a pick after removing it. There was some king of hard fiber-like stuff that plugged it.

On a related note, the connectors on my KL451 loader hoses are 3/8 in BSPP, which is a non-tapered thread. It is the same thread as JIS (not JIC) except the "cone" is reversed.

/ where to buy grease fittings?
Thanks everyone, I gave up looking locally earlier, and ordered a few. Should be here monday.

/ where to buy grease fittings? #17  
This has been discussed a bazillion times on TBN. Kioti uses their own 'special' zerks, and the dealers sell them. Try MIE, Michigan Iron & Equipment, they may have a quantity in stock- I can't say for sure but see what they have. You will NOT find metric or SAE zerks to fit. It HAS to be the special British zerk type...:confused3:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2!
After brow beating my dealer with my OCD of wanting to get the right one to fit; he finally sighed and said hey you're not going to get any to fit just get the tool and cut new threads and replace it.

So there it is folks. Kioti strike again!
How could anyone screw up a simple zerk fitting ...well let's ask ol Wiley Coyote genius at work...lol:laughing:

So yeah try MIE and see if they sell by the weight.

on edit:
Found this tool and plan on buying one cause anyone know how flustering it tis to gets handful of zerk fittings and not one fit? Yeah yah'll know eh?
lol

Thanks for the schooling on the British thread standards that was new to me. WHich made me look for this tool.
Aluminum Grease Fitting Thread Tester
| Fastenal

Last edited:
   / where to buy grease fittings? #18  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2!
After brow beating my dealer with my OCD of wanting to get the right one to fit; he finally sighed and said hey you're not going to get any to fit just get the tool and cut new threads and replace it.

So there it is folks. Kioti strike again!
How could anyone screw up a simple zerk fitting ...well let's ask ol Wiley Coyote genius at work...lol:laughing:

So yeah try MIE and see if they sell by the weight.

on edit:
Found this tool and plan on buying one cause anyone know how flustering it tis to gets handful of zerk fittings and not one fit? Yeah yah'll know eh?
lol

Thanks for the schooling on the British thread standards that was new to me. WHich made me look for this tool.
Aluminum Grease Fitting Thread Tester
| Fastenal

The zerks kioti uses are not of their own, or really that special. They are 1/8 28 BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread) A bit more common in other parts of the world. But not the US.

You can get them all over ebay

1/8-28 BSP Straight British Grease Zerk Nipple Fitting Nipple 1 Pcs | eBay

/ where to buy grease fittings? #19  
yes, sir thanks I did book mark it and the supplier website as well