Where would you put a tool box? (1705)

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
Hey guys I was wondering where some of you put a small tool box to carry a few things that would be handy. I have thought about putting one on the ROPS by mounting a bar on it then placing a small box onto that. Was wondering what other ideas are out there for this.

Thanks

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #2  
I would not attach a toolbox to the ROPS. In case of a rollover, the toolbox could become a hazzard.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705)
My land is as flat as u can get so Im not worried about rolling over. Plus Ive been on equipment since i was a little tike. Im a seasoned operator. I would really like a small box to place a crescent wrench and a few other things.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #4  
My land is as flat as u can get so Im not worried about rolling over. Plus Ive been on equipment since i was a little tike. Im a seasoned operator. I would really like a small box to place a crescent wrench and a few other things.

being it's an 17X5 and not having a BH, a 'hip roof' style mounted across the back behind the seat might be an option. Won't work for a 17X0 due to the swivel seat for the BH or I'd have one there on mine. Unfortunately, options on the SCUTs are limited simple due to their small size. If you figure something out please let us know!

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #5  
Check for any unused bolt holes behind the seat.The GC2300 had 2. Brackets were made with angle iron to extend out from under the seat. The toolbox then bolted to the brackets. I used a steel box, but a plastic box would do just as well.
GC2300 Toolbox1.JPGGC2300 Toolbox2.JPG

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #6  
I hang a canvas bag around the fender light and put stuff in there. Sometimes, I just stuff a tool and some pins into my bib pockets.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #7  
I have a 13" Project Source (cheap plastic) tool box that I keep tools, pins, and keepers in. When I'm going to be further away from the tools than my yard I will set it on the floor board between my feet.

I really didn't like that I had no good place to mount a tool box on my GC but now that I've used it I think the little tool box is more versatile and useful to me un mounted.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #8  
It seems this is next to impossible on some tractors and I agree they all need a tool box. Look under the seat, especially if a flip up seat. But have an area under my JD seat that holds about a 10 foot chain very good. If tool box is concern on roll bar in roll over mount it low. Some mount them on top of rear fender. If you have fel possibly on it's mount. Look at sheet metal on rear of tractor above the 3rd arm. I considered mounting on top of front bumper but replaced fel and it had built in tool box mount which impressed me. I found ammo can makes a good tool box with locking lid works good.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705) #9  
I have a 1710, but I just put a small red tool box on the foot rest on the backhoe between the legs. It fits perfectly and I can leave it on even using the hoe. I use to strap it down with a bungie cord, but it never moved so I just leave it. Works good.

/ Where would you put a tool box? (1705)
Ill have to check behind my seat when i get home. DMW has a good idea. Probably not a good idea to attach to the ROPS since it would likely effect my view.