Which Attachment To Start A Garden,??

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
What tool is best used to tear up ground to begin a garden.??

A Sub-Soiler or a Mid-Buster.??

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #2  
I believe the middle buster will "plow" or tear up a wider strip at a time and would be my choice.

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #3  
I agree with Bird one this one, I used a mid buster for my garden{hard clay and rock} worked good.

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #4  
Ditto the Above recommendations :p

Troy

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #5  
Yup, middle buster. There were a couple recent threads that have great photos and lots of good conversation. Use the search feature above.

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #6  
If you can find one, I would use a single bottom moldboard plow. Besides loosening the soil, it will turn the soil which will kill both the grass, weeds, and insects. A middle buster or sub-soiler will only loosen the soil.

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #7  
Make life a little easier. Use a Rototiller.:D
Your back will appreciate it.:D:D

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #8  
Make life a little easier. Use a Rototiller.:D
Your back will appreciate it.:D:D

I agree on the rototiller. If you use a middle buster, you'll need to till or harrow or HAND WORK to get it anywhere near flat to plant.

Andy

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #9  
I agree on the rototiller. If you use a middle buster, you'll need to till or harrow or HAND WORK to get it anywhere near flat to plant.

Andy

I have both and it works great every time.
Regards
DGS

/ Which Attachment To Start A Garden,?? #10  
If you can find one, I would use a single bottom moldboard plow. Besides loosening the soil, it will turn the soil which will kill both the grass, weeds, and insects. A middle buster or sub-soiler will only loosen the soil.

If you can find the right size, adjustable moldboard that can be adjusted side to side to properly fit your tractor, I'd certainly agree. That would definitely be first choice.