Which Backpack Blower?

/ Which Backpack Blower? #11  
I have and Echo trimmer and backpack blower that won’t die, just keeps running. I use Echo oil (black bottle-RedLine I think ?) I buy the small bottles that will mix with one gallon of gas but I add about a thimble full of extra oil to the mix from another open bottle. Always done that, so I really don’t know what my ratio actually becomes. But I get good longevity from my equipment. Oh and always used premium non ethanol gas. Heavy use should not be a cause your blower problem.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #12  
Use non ethanol gas. If it sits for a month or so between uses the ethanol will separate from the gas and float to the top. Oil doesn't mix with the ethanol and when the tank is run dry you will be running pure ethanol with no oil. At least that is what my dealer told me when I welded a piston to the cylinder of a chain saw.

RSKY

/ Which Backpack Blower? #13  
I run that $350 Husky.

Works fine. starts easy even after sitting in loft over winter, (no special gas treatment or prep, Just put it away.)

Blows a lot of air, and Leaves! I've got "a hundred head of maple" , so there will be leaves every autumn.

Don't up the oil mix unless you readjust the carbs. Oil takes up room in the carb jets that should go to gasoline. Too much oil will make the engine run lean and HOT! not good.

40: 1 or 50:1 depending on the oil. I buy the packs. What are they? 3.6 oz or something? Goes right into the 2 gallon jug.

Remember when it was a "quart to five" 16:1 and 20:1 Smokey!

/ Which Backpack Blower? #14  
Use non ethanol gas. If it sits for a month or so between uses the ethanol will separate from the gas and float to the top. Oil doesn't mix with the ethanol and when the tank is run dry you will be running pure ethanol with no oil. At least that is what my dealer told me when I welded a piston to the cylinder of a chain saw.

RSKY
BS!

Though ethanol will bind to any water present (think dri-gas.)

It will not magically float to the top. Ethanol is miscible in gasoline.

Ethanol is miscible with gasoline. Ethanol is polar. The net dipole moment is 1.69D.

main-qimg-3167d16f96f99f845dc4c81ab045ee05

Ethanol, at one end, can behave as a nonpolar organic molecule, but at the other end it is not only polar, it can exhibit hydrogen bonding with water.

/ Which Backpack Blower?
UPDATE: The service shop just informed me that it wasn't the bearing that went bad on the 80cc Echo before, but the fan "got loose from the shaft." (??) Echo covered it 100% and said the problem had nothing to do with the engine or oil. It had seized, so I thought it was the motor. The only problem, I was without a blower for about 4 months.

Now it's making that same sound like before it seized last time, so I've taken it in. - - I'm about to buy a second big blower because I do need one, which adds to the urgency of the question.

Thanks for the replies.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #17  
I have ECHO PB580T for many years does great jobs mostly during the fall (y) I use ECHO oil 50-1 also never run above 3/4 throttle.

/ Which Backpack Blower?
I've had excellent service from most other Echo equipment and I don't believe any manufacturer is perfect... but I'm just wondering why little ol' me is having trouble with these blowers.

The blower I want must be able to run at full throttle constantly, like any other piece of equipment I would buy.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #20  
All these 2 stroke engines are made to be run at full throttle.
Get a 2 smoke snowmobile out on the lake hold her wide open throttle for few miles see what happens