Which Backpack Blower?

/ Which Backpack Blower? #31  
Yes indeed it was. I didn't know whether to blame that on the covid or not. We'll see how they do this time. I was thinking that the engine had seized, so I didn't know what to think.
We had a piston scorn in a Echo power head still under warranty, and it took 2 months for Echo USA is authorize its replacement. Our echo shop just gave us a rental unit to use, as we waited.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #32  
I run a Husqvarna backpack blower and have had zero issues with it over the 8 +/- years we have used it ... with 5 of those years being on the farm to clean the porches, deck, dock, garage, sheds, kennels, and sidewalk, blowing leaves out of the front ditch so we can mulch them, as well as helping maintain control over my brush pile burns. I've had good experiences with all the Husqvarna 2-stroke powered tools .

/ Which Backpack Blower? #33  
I bought a used Stihl BR-600 a couple of seasons ago to help clear snow. I now also use it to blow the berries from a Mountain Ash on my front lawn and it gets all of the little berries that have burrowed down into the lawn. When I'm clearing snow with it, I typically do the entire block (all my neighbours' front walks). I doubt I use it as much as you do, but it does get a pretty decent work out.

I've had to adjust the valves a couple of times when it starts hard (the pull cord is too hard to pull because they're hitting the top of the piston). It then runs great again. You do need a special shaped feeler gauge to adjust them properly, but it's cheap from the authorized reseller.

When running for a long time, you might want to break it up. Just to allow air into the gasoline tank. Let it cool a bit and slightly crack the gasoline cap to let air into the tank. Backpack blowers don't have a "vent" built into the cap, and this is the only way to get air in there. You can cause a vacuum in the gas tank, and the blower will have a harder time running.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #34  
I bought a used Stihl BR-600 a couple of seasons ago to help clear snow. I now also use it to blow the berries from a Mountain Ash on my front lawn and it gets all of the little berries that have burrowed down into the lawn. When I'm clearing snow with it, I typically do the entire block (all my neighbours' front walks). I doubt I use it as much as you do, but it does get a pretty decent work out.

I've had to adjust the valves a couple of times when it starts hard (the pull cord is too hard to pull because they're hitting the top of the piston). It then runs great again. You do need a special shaped feeler gauge to adjust them properly, but it's cheap from the authorized reseller.

When running for a long time, you might want to break it up. Just to allow air into the gasoline tank. Let it cool a bit and slightly crack the gasoline cap to let air into the tank. Backpack blowers don't have a "vent" built into the cap, and this is the only way to get air in there. You can cause a vacuum in the gas tank, and the blower will have a harder time running.
There's no need to give a blower a "break", the tank on the Echo is vented, the vent is on a separate hose that's on the tank grommet. In fact every tank has a vent of some sort, otherwise it wouldn't run after a very short time.

During leaf season my blowers only gets shut off to refuel, typically run a bit over an hour at full throttle on a tank of fuel. Works out well, I'm ready for a break about the same time I run out of fuel!

/ Which Backpack Blower? #35  
I use a Stihl BR800X for similar purposes as you do. I blow our trails off so getting to the deer stand is quieter. So far it's been great. I used it lightly in the yard a few times and ran at least a tank of gas through it before I started whooping on it and running it at 100% for minutes at a time.

The BR800X is miles ahead of the BR600 we used to have, for reference. But I've heard nothing but good things about Echo, RedMax, and Shindaiwa blowers. We used Shindaiwa blowers when I did golf course work and we absolutely beat the piss out of those things.

Any 2-stroke engine that runs at 100% throttle for longer periods of time could benefit from extra oil. Maybe try 40:1 or 32:1 and see if it helps. Make sure you adjust the carb to compensate. Adding oil to the pre-mix means less fuel, which could create a lean condition. There's a difference between oil rich and fuel rich.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #36  
I have the biggest Echo backpack blower... 80ccs. It's great when it's working. I need it for the power to blow off my woods trails, even when the leaves are a little wet.

I have to have a carried/backpack model, because many of the trails are too steep to use any of the wheeled models, even if that would work.

The Echo is going back to the shop for the second time. It was covered under warranty, but it was gone for months last time.

I've also killed a Stihl 60cc model... it seemed to go the same way. I think the main bearing went south and seized.

Yes, I run the recommended oil in them, and I use them for long hours at a time, but not like I imagine a yard service would. I just don't know why I'm killing them.

Has anybody tried the RedMax? I haven't tried them yet.

Thanks.
Reenact IS the one to get. Get the 7500, you won't be sorry. Their larger 8500 is a 7500 that is run too hard. Reenact has good speed combined with high CFM. Love mine. It rolls up packed, wet leaves very nice

/ Which Backpack Blower?
Reenact IS the one to get. Get the 7500, you won't be sorry. Their larger 8500 is a 7500 that is run too hard. Reenact has good speed combined with high CFM. Love mine. It rolls up packed, wet leaves very nice
Hey Tony, can you help me out with "Reenact." I'm not finding that anywhere on the interwebs. Can you tell me who makes it or where to find it?

I really do read and appreciate all the suggestions. $500 plus is a pretty significant expenditure for me.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #38  
Pretty sure he he was referring to Redmax as they have a 7500 and use to have an 8500 (believe it was replaced by a 8550) maybe the autocorrect got him! Redmax makes a nice unit, but I don't think it would be an upgrade from your 8010.

I do a lot of research and comparisons when buying equipment as I typically keep things as long as possible, I really liked the Redmax but I ultimately felt the Echo was the better product for the money, but the redmax was a close runner up.

/ Which Backpack Blower? #39  
I like this 4 stroke Makita EB7660TH. Easy to start, TONs of power, and comfortable. Best part is with it being 4 stroke, the wife can fire it up and use it

/ Which Backpack Blower? #40  
I like this 4 stroke Makita EB7660TH. Easy to start, TONs of power, and comfortable. Best part is with it being 4 stroke, the wife can fire it up and use it
This guys are talking back pack blowers and using them for many hours.