Which is more important in resale age or hours

/ Which is more important in resale age or hours #11  
I wouldn't trust pictures and videos . I want to put my hands on it and see how it runs and visually look for leaks and damage. If not possible , then hire someone in the area to go inspect for you. Ask to see the maintenance records if they have them. You can tell if a machine has been taken care of by looking at it. Good Luck !

/ Which is more important in resale age or hours #12  
Construction equipment is largely considered an expendable tool with finite life. Older machines are going to be harder to find parts. Just reality.

/ Which is more important in resale age or hours #13  
With a car, age is important because the paint and style age. With a machine ,hours is all that matters. The downside to age might be that parts start to be hard to find.

/ Which is more important in resale age or hours #14  
With a car, age is important because the paint and style age. With a machine ,hours is all that matters. The downside to age might be that parts start to be hard to find.

Have to disagree, a bad operator can roast a clutch, bend cylinder rods and/or generally trash things in 100 hours while a good operator wont do that in 1000 hours.

Aaron Z

/ Which is more important in resale age or hours #15  
Have to disagree, a bad operator can roast a clutch, bend cylinder rods and/or generally trash things in 100 hours while a good operator wont do that in 1000 hours.

Aaron Z

I have to agree with Aaron,

Would say hours + overall condition both need to be part of the equation...

On an excavator, well maintained with high hours would win every time for me over low hours and poor condition.

/ Which is more important in resale age or hours #16  
neither will have a resale value, so just take the one that has the LEAST electronic and emission junk on it and figure you will own it till it gets junked then you wont be disappointed later on!
Personally---- I would go with the older stuff----just cause its newer dont mean you are getting parts for it!! been down that rabbit hole before! Age dont mean squat really.
Go operate both of them yourself to see IF you even want EITHER of them after trying them.
8 hour road trip could save you thousands later on. Dont take somebody elses word on anything.---check on it yourself then you know first hand.