which sanding pads?

/ which sanding pads? #11  
Belt sander...!

/ which sanding pads?
Those 4.5 disks I showed are flat and made to be used flat, not at a angle or on its edge. Nonetheless, the guys here convinced me to use my 4x24 belt sander. 😅

Last edited:
   / which sanding pads? #13  
3M Xtract Cubitron II Net Disc, for me, sanding a deck with a ROS, they lasted a long time. But if your going Belt I'd go with a 3M product.
/edit - I've a big sanding project planned so I started doing more research
is a very large test and there is a great graph at 12min 38 sec.
Klingspor comes in behind 3M Cubitron.
Unfortunately the only lengths the 4" wide 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cloth Belt 970DZ comes in are 90 and 91 inches, :(
Maybe try Abrasives - Belts - 4" Belts - Page 1 - Klingspor's Woodworking Shop

Last edited:
   / which sanding pads? #15  
My house is cedar plank. After trying many products - semi-gloss OIL stain is the best. It completely soaks in and provides, at least, ten years of protection. To reapply - simply hose off the walls - give it a week to dry - reapply. No sanding required what-so-ever.

/ which sanding pads?
But the original finish was a water base something, so I thought I'd have to stick with that. I actually have nearly a full gallon of it

/ which sanding pads? #17  
What is the brand and type of stain. Stains weather oil or water soak into the wood and should never peel. Only top coats peel. Does it have a sealer in the stain? Show pictures of what u want to remove. Most outdoor stains are made to be reapplied many times over without sanding between coats. Those are the only ones I use. 🍻

/ which sanding pads?
What is the brand and type of stain. Stains weather oil or water soak into the wood and should never peel. Only top coats peel. Does it have a sealer in the stain? Show pictures of what u want to remove. Most outdoor stains are made to be reapplied many times over without sanding between coats. Those are the only ones I use. 🍻
If you ask this question in the looking for a better stain thread. I would address it.

/ which sanding pads? #19  
I have grinders, a belt sander and a DeWalt 1/4 sheet palm sander. I'd try the palm sander. It is the one that will sand evenly without gouging.

/ which sanding pads?
Hey folks, I own every type of sander previously mentioned. This is outdoor park furniture so speed and durability of finish is the important thing. A belt sander will be tried.

Last edited: