which sanding pads?

/ which sanding pads? #41  
ArlyA nice job table looks fantastic

/ which sanding pads?
We have some large picnic tables we care for which are located at remote locations. The finish is starting to peel so they need to be scraped, buffed and refinished. For cleaning and buffing them I thought I'd bring my generator so I could use my 4.5 angle grinder to do that job with. We'd then blow them off with air compressor when done. What pads might we use? I thought about trying these soft pads in 120 grit.

FPPO 5Pcs 4.5" x 7/8" Nylon Fiber Flap Disc Polishing Grinding Wheel,Scouring pad Buffing Wheel for Angle Grinder, Polishing Tools (Grit 120) View attachment 755689

I did order some of these to check them out. I already have zirconium soft pads and like them for cleaning up steel for paint.

/ which sanding pads? #43  
I was all in for the orbital sander, but after seeing your pictures, the belt sander was definitely the best tool for the job!!!

It turned out really nice.

/ which sanding pads? #44  
That does look nice, great job. How is your back doing?

My story...I'm glad I had access to a good water supply.

I attacked my table with a belt sander and it tired me out quickly so I switch to a power washer with a turbo head. The belt sander followed that to knock off the nubs. And 3 quarts of boiled linseed oil soaked in for the finish.