Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor?

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #11  
Listen to the stereo in my Kubota all the time. 3000+ songs on a flash drive if I'm in the mood for music. Or multiple audiobooks on another flash drive if I'm in the mood to have a good book read to me. Sure helps a 10 hour day in the tractor seat go by a lot faster.

But I've not upgraded the stereo or speakers...with all the noise of the tractor and implement don't think it would make much of a difference.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #12  
Great that I am not alone in liking to have a little music. As a couple of you have said, Bluetooth is a real bonus - whether you like the radio or not, at least you can connect your phone! K5lwq - your set-up looks really nice. Some small coaxial speakers are inexpensive and a BIG upgrade for sound.

The subwoofer I ordered is the Kenwood KSC-SW11. It has an option for speaker-level inputs which I'll need, it is small, and it has pretty good reviews.
I like that subwoofer. Bass is the reason I went with the Kicker speakers as they had the best bass response I could find in a 4” speaker. The receiver has an adjustable EQ built in so getting a good sound out of 4” speakers is achievable.

That subwoofer would complement my system nicely. Let us know how you like it. I may have to add one as well. If nothing else it will impress my kiddos when they visit. :ROFLMAO:

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #13  
My hearing is shot from all the years of operating noisy tractors. Even my cabbed Kubota is too noisy to enjoy good music. The factory installed stereo is all but useless. Installing a high powered stereo sound system to overcome the noise would just cause more hearing damage.

If I had a quieter tractor, I would consider an aftermarket sound system. For now, I think I'll just stick with my Bluetooth earbuds under my hearing protectors.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #14  
If I'm listening to bluetooth or the stereo in my cab I can't hear a disc bearing going out or a spindle on my FM grinding. Just recently had an issue with the vacuum pump bearing going bad on the planters and if I'm distracted by noise that would have cost a couple thousand more to repair than it did.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #15  
As much as like a radio,I passed on installing one in the tractor cab.
Figured I'd better be listening for stuff that I might not hear with the radio on.
Enjoy your tunes!
agree. i always considered a stereo while operating a tractor as a dangerous distraction. i wait until after the task for entertainment. know i'm in the minority on this, just a personal comment.
glad the OP is pleased with the new sound system, regards

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #16  
I use noise cancelling Bose BT headset. Very lightweight, small, comfortable, and great sound!
I've had these for many years, use with my iphone. I play my playlist or Amazon music.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #17  
I just use Bluetooth inner-ear monitors, linked to my phone. I'm mostly listening to audiobooks (Audible) or podcasts, anyway.

Inner-ear monitors (IEM's) are what stage musicians use to hear themselves and the band over an arena crowd, and have much better sound-blocking than nearly anything else you're likely to come across in your usual travels. They can cost several thousand dollars per pair, but there are a few less-costly options, including the venerable and popular Shure SE215's that I've been using the last 20 years.

IEM's are also infinitely repairable, you can replace broken components or send them back to Shure for a rebuild. I keep two pairs of buds handy, with interchangeable plug-in cordset, bluetooth cordset, and separate plug-in bluetooth adapter. Whether I'm on the tractor or off, my sound goes with me.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #18  
   / Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #19  
My Branson has a Kenwood Stereo in from the factory, it works but I have contemplated changing it out.
I like a radio with the Weather Band built in and Bluetooth, the Magnums on the farm have the weather band and it automatically interrupts with any weather alerts. They don't have the Bluetooth though. My NH the radio is broke. One of these days I'll likely replace it.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #20  
Apple air pods pro with noise cancellation for me..
add memory foam tips, and the noise blocking is perfect
You can still hear the tractor running, and could tell if there was an issue. But it is muffled enough to be hearing safe.
They actually can display the decibel levels, so you can see how loud something is to your ears
And the sound is better than factory cab speakers on tractors or UTVs