Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated

/ Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated #21  
I use a 4ft brushhog behind my BX 2660 and it stalls out at times on 2 inch trees, so I doubt BX23 will handle without stalling or damage.

/ Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated #22  
I set my slip clutch each year very lightly (clutch plates are worn smooth) to avoid damage to the tractor. To me the slip clutch is nearly disposable in relation to the tractor internals.

Have you ever actually tried cutting saplings with a rotary cutter? I cut some un-maintained locations and can tell you that when the blades hit a standing 1.5" sapling (once you get the cutter on top), its violent. I don't like it anyway. And if you regularly do this, you will bend/break other things. I try to avoid damage to the tractor, so I back into the heavy stuff. The back of my cutter shows it. I keep a large adjustable wrench in the tool box to straighten the deck.

I've never attempted to cut anything bigger than 1.5" in diameter and that's at least 3/4"too big.

I think your back-up plan of popping them with the toothbar is the best option for the small stuff under 2". Chainsaw and cut flush for the 2+". Buy a few chains and toss them. A couple extra days of your time and a few saw chains is cheap compared to tractor repairs.

/ Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated #24  
I use a 72" LandPride bushhog on a MX5200. The only way I taking down a 3" pine is by knocking it over with the bucket first. I wouldn't even try what you are attempting. Sounds like a sure way to damage your machine

Andy

/ Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated #25  
I think the tone of the replies just reflects how the question was couched, which is making this all seem worse than it is..

Anything you can drive over with a mid mount mower deck will not faze ANY bush hog. If OP hasnt bent any MMM blades or bent/damaged any spindles, theres no cutting of 3” anything going on (yet) which is fine!!

I think if the question was ‘is any 4ft bush hog much tougher than any other?’ the tone of discussion might be a little less YOURE GONNA KILL YOUR TRACTOR but the same basic info would have come across. People are responding to words, but noone has seen you do what youre doing to 100% tailor their suggestions, we’re just.. swinging at it.

If you have ssqa on the BX you might consider getting a small stump bucket for these pine popping operations. Or, since youre saying these things come out pretty easy, might even consider a set of pallet forks if you had any other need for them. They will pry up stuff AND carry it, and it would take a lot for a bx to hurt a class1 fork even doing unauthorized tasks (digging). Just throwing stuff out there.

/ Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated #26  
Anything you can drive over with a mid mount mower deck will not faze ANY bush hog. If OP hasnt bent any MMM blades or bent/damaged any spindles, theres no cutting of 3” anything going on (yet) which is fine!!
Not everyone measures the same either. What exactly is 3”, circumference or diameter?

another pricey option

/ Who makes a heavy duty 4 foot bush hog? >/= 3" rated #27  
Brown makes implements specifically designed to cut trees.

www.brownmfgcorp.com Tree cutters. HD - specifically modified bush hogs.

Their smallest tree cutter( TCO 2505C ) - - 5 foot, required power - 60 to 100 hp - - weight - 1675# Price ~ $10,000.

They have some very exciting videos of these tree cutters in operation.