Loader Who removes their FEL?

/ Who removes their FEL? #11  
I bought my 8N without a loader so I can mow in the trees easier. We use the FEL daily on the TC to clean stalls, move hay, etc. It has never been off. Just coverted it to QA to use pallet forks and a hay spear without damaging the bucket.

/ Who removes their FEL? #12  
I've had my 2305 for a little over a year. The only time I've taken off the FEL is when the dealer dropped it off. I've thought about taking it off since but I know I'd find something to use it for and have to put it right back on again.

/ Who removes their FEL? #13  
I used to remove my loader almost every time I used my rotary cutter, but it has now actually been a long time that I did anything but drop the bucket. When I mow slopes where I have to back down, having the FEL on the front gives me additional ballast I need. Also I sometimes leave the bucket or grapple on to pick deadfall limbs as I mow. I love the maneuverability of my tractor with the loader off, but I'm spoiled to what I can do with it and have enough attention deficit disorder that I sometimes do a lot of limb moving side jobs as I mow.

Here's a link to a very old thread I posted about detaching and attaching the 16LA loader. If I had titled it "removing and installing the 16LA" it would have been easier to search for. Sorry...:eek:

/ Who removes their FEL? #14  
JD 4720...off most of the summer for brush and field mowing. On for most of the winter...only takes a few mins. to put on and off and about an hour to decide where to leave it set...:confused2:

/ Who removes their FEL? #15  
Mine stay on ... sure enough if it was off I would need it. Seems like no matter what project even mowing I find something to move, lift or haul.

/ Who removes their FEL? #16  
on my old JD870, i removed it every time i had to drag the spring tooth or mow the 10 acre horse pasture, cause the clunking noise of it bouncing around drove me nuts. i also removed it during maintenance work, as its easier and safer to work on the tractor with it off. one thing i love about the JD is the 2-4 minutes it takes to take the loader off. i haven't taken the Kioti loader off yet, but i think it will be a little more difficult than the old JD....just by looking at the directions of how to do it.

/ Who removes their FEL? #17  
I've only removed mine once when the water pump went out on the TC29D. For me it is just too useful, and I don't have a good place to put it when not in use. When mowing and I get to the corner fence, I just lift it up out of the way.

/ Who removes their FEL? #18  
Same as others with summer chores. But I try to keep it off most of the winter as my snow blower is 3pt. I'll turn the seat and prop my leg over the fender and use my left heal to reverse the whole road (1/2 mile). Once you start getting too comfortable with it - next thing ya know the FEL is nailing everything as your watching the rear end. I've had to replace the block of wood holding the latch for the sliding doors on the pole barn twice now. Once I got close enough to the new car to look forward and not see the front end under the bucket.....That was it!!!!!! Comes off everytime now. Ya, loosing the counter bal and traction sucks.... But things are pretty slow in that world anyway. That bucket is unforgiving. There's scars everywhere.... And I'm a careful person!!! lol

/ Who removes their FEL? #19  
It makes it hard to convince the Chief Financial Officer you need TWO tractors when she knows the loader comes off the one you already have.:D

/ Who removes their FEL? #20  
The FEL is off much of the summer, because the tractor has to work the gardens and mow grass and the FEL is just a pita when doing those chores.

It is on all winter, because there is snow work to do.

Frankly, easier to R&R than a rear PTO implement.

I do the same thing...