Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #552  
Pic from near Mile High view, just off the BRP. We were riding gravel roads in the area all day. Good times. Although I got a rear flat early this morning. Stuffed one of those worms in it, and it was back to the races.

Well, can't get the pic to post. Staying at Iron Horse motorcycle campground/resort near Robbinsville, NC. There's some nice roads out this way.. I did ride the dragon late yesterday, but had no choice. It was the only way to get to this place. ;)

/ Who rides motorcycles? #553  
Does anyone else hate these bridges? IMG_0427.JPGIMG_0429.JPG

/ Who rides motorcycles? #555  

When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in Jacksonville. Had a big metal grate bridge on I-10 that I frequently rode over. Puckered every time and tried to keep it straight enough to stay in my lane. That was back when we had one car and I had my bike. No other choice; the car was my wife's...

/ Who rides motorcycles? #556  
First time I ever encountered one was the bridge over the Chain Of Rocks Canal on Chain of Rocks Road (old Rt 66) just outside of Granite City, IL. I'd been over that bridge countless times in a car, and never thought twice about it. Hit it on my BMW R100RT at about 45mph and thought for sure I was going down. My initial reaction was, "What the ...?!?!?!" Took that bridge much slower after that.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #557  
There's a feel you get for each surface, and concrete that's been grooved for rain will usually have a similar circumstance. I find the bridges a bit easier, esp with my taste for 3.00x21 front rubber.

What ya gotta do is loosen up on the bars and steer with your six, and IMO if you'd have to lean far to let go of the bars your rear wheel needs realigned.

Even a deliberate weave (a foot or so, not half a lane-width, lol) will remind you that you really steer with your a__ and the bars are there to:
- allow skillful use of clutch and brake.
- keep the wheel from tracking 'off' 'cuz tire pressures aren't sync'ed to make your steering 'neutral'. :D

I hate to sound like a know it all, but c'mon, if you 'steer' your 'horse' shouldn't it be a trike? (Ural/sidecar :thumbsup:)

btw, 'color tour' doesn't look promising here this Fall. Recent near-drought conditions have taken much right to dull yellows and browns and not many are showing the brilliant reds and oranges .. yet.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #558  
It is with great sadness that today I will be loading up my bike for the trip to its new owner.

IMG_0622 (1024x768).jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #559  
I tried to go for a ride the other day and found my battery was dead.

I did the same thing earlier this season. Battery was dead, and I didn't want to deal with a trickle charger anymore, so I replaced my battery with an Earth-X battery. It has barely any discharge rates, is more powerful than stock, and made my bike drop 7 pounds it's so much lighter!

DSC00211.JPG

/ Who rides motorcycles? #560  
We have dual sport motorcyles, a yamaha wr250r and wife has a Yamaha xt250