Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,701  
Yep, product placement started long ago :)...... I'm just impressed (Then, or Now) when someone of his stature takes the time to speak about street-safety.

You've had big fun in the dirt..... wish I hadn't started so late, but I'm there now !

Rgds, D.

Glad you are enjoying dirt bikes, It is nice to have to watch out less for the other guy (street riding)
Yeah, both my brother and I were lucky our dad liked to ride and started us young. Brother was 5 and I was 6, We had a Yamaha 50 step through as a first shared bike.

There is aSteve McQueen video of giving Ed Sullivan a ride in his sand rail.
Like his quote "You know for me motorcycles will always be my first Love" and Another, maybe his best quote :
" Every time I start thinkin' the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,702  
Glad you are enjoying dirt bikes, It is nice to have to watch out less for the other guy (street riding)
Yeah, both my brother and I were lucky our dad liked to ride and started us young. Brother was 5 and I was 6, We had a Yamaha 50 step through as a first shared bike.

There is aSteve McQueen video of giving Ed Sullivan a ride in his sand rail.
Like his quote "You know for me motorcycles will always be my first Love" and Another, maybe his best quote :
" Every time I start thinkin' the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Just putting along out there, having a blast..... I don't bounce/heal like I used to so my KLX300 will keep me entertained for a long time :cool: . The versatility of that basic, low cost 300cc machine continues to impress me, while reminding me of all the non-street skills I personally need to upgrade. I know some pro-riders... they walk on water, from my perspective....

As one MC journalist put it..... I don't really understand what the gyroscopic-lifestyle does to my brain, and I probably don't want to.... I just know it works.....

Most riders would agree with the old saying..... You never see a MC parked out front of a psychiatrist's office....... if you have a motorcycle that runs, you are looking at the best therapy most of us will ever get.

I'd say one of the best MC ambassadors today is Noraly (Itchy Boots). I've recommended her channel to people with no interest in MC riding, just for the Geography. A lot can be learned, watching her interact with the world while on 2 wheels.

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,703  
There is nothing I do that I feel as comfortable as when I'm riding a motorbike.

Sure there is danger everywhere that takes constant attention, to me, that's the part that gives satisfaction, the constant attention.

"The gyroscopic lifestyle", I like that!

Motor bikes, snow skis, water skis, skate boards and airplanes. They turn when you tip them!
Or else you fall off.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,704  
Sure there is danger everywhere that takes constant attention, to me, that's the part that gives satisfaction, the constant attention.
We live in a highly Dis-Engaged and Dis-Connected World.....

.... as the polar opposite to that ^, I'm drawn to motorcycle riding as an antidote.

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,705  
This is my motorcycle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

There is not a single material thing that has given me as much satisfaction as this one has given me. I can ride it like a 600cc Sport Bike, or cruise with the cruiser crowd. I can explore distant places and venture off when the black top ends. I can do LONG days on it, load it down for multiple day trips, and it does not complain. I point it in the direction I want to travel, and it just goes. I have put over 70k miles on it in just over three years with zero issues, other than changing the battery and routine maintenance.

There are probably 20 motorcycles I'd love to have, but not a single one would I trade this one for.

Her name is SAORSA. Freedom.

SAORSA.jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,706  

There is not a single material thing that has given me as much satisfaction as this one has given me. I can ride it like a 600cc Sport Bike, or cruise with the cruiser crowd. I can explore distant places and venture off when the black top ends. I can do LONG days on it, load it down for multiple day trips, and it does not complain. I point it in the direction I want to travel, and it just goes. I have put over 70k miles on it in just over three years with zero issues, other than changing the battery and routine maintenance.

There are probably 20 motorcycles I'd love to have, but not a single one would I trade this one for.

View attachment 821314
I see this year's model says 136 hp and 105 torque. That's really impressive for a twin.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,707  

Understand the feeling...felt the same way about my 1973 R75/5.
BMW at Mono Lake May 79r.jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,708  
I love bird hunting on a bike, that's the reason I got my license after many years of riding dirty, fist year doing it in all legality...

1694946364491.png

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,709  
i do occasionally ( except the farm quad) but mostly spend my motorcycle time cleaning out carbies.