Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,881  
I've had (3) motorcycles over the years... Honda Hawk 400cc at 18 years old, Honda CR600 (?) and a BMW K1100 until 10 years ago. None since.
I had the most fun on the Honda Hawk over 60k miles. The other two bikes were miserable to ride. If I ever get another bike it will be a decked out Honda Goldwing.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,882  
I've had (3) motorcycles over the years... Honda Hawk 400cc at 18 years old, Honda CR600 (?) and a BMW K1100 until 10 years ago. None since.
I had the most fun on the Honda Hawk over 60k miles. The other two bikes were miserable to ride. If I ever get another bike it will be a decked out Honda Goldwing.
I have 2 Kawasakis in the garage now, plated for the road.... small stuff, by N. American standards, with the KLX300 being added last year.

I like Honda just fine.... have seriously looked @ a few models over the years... the Kaws were the right deal/time.

I have a very soft spot in my heart for the 400 Hawk. A good friend a few years older than myself, went away to college and bought a Hawk while there. He used to get back home now and then on the Hawk, and generously taught me to ride on his brand-new machine.

He too rode the wheels off his... maintained well, but ridden hard.... IIRC he did the top-end at least once, with all the miles he put on.

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,883  

Don't think it could be a CR 600, the CR 500 was their big open class motocrosser.
Maybe the XR 600?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,884  
If I ever get another bike it will be a decked out Honda Goldwing.

My brother has been a Goldwing rider for years...puts a couple hundred thousand miles on one and then trades it off for a new one. He loves them because they are totally trouble free and smooth as silk going down the road. This is his latest that he bought last year:

Goldwing 2023r.jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,885  
In 3 weeks I am planning on driving to work with my Tenere, it's a 373 miles ride one way. I am a little scared of it, the seat of my tenere is not very comfortable it's going to be my longest trip I ever done. I know its going to hurt, I am planning on leaving the night before and do the first 124miles and then sleep there. The next day I will leave at 6 am and do the remaining 249 miles. I have to make it to work for 12pm so I should have a extra hour for rest along the way. On the way back (10 days later) I will have the whole day to make it home but I will take the lake superior drive (hwy 17) which is a beautiful drive along lake superior and it is only 1h longer for a total of 447 miles. I bought some padded shorths so hopefully they help... I should just bite the bullet and buy a comfort seat but I don't want to spend the money at this time.

After that I am putting my pirelli MT21 Rallycross looking forward to try these offroad!!

1714489300780.png

1714489325120.png

1714489343046.png

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,886  
In 3 weeks I am planning on driving to work with my Tenere, it's a 373 miles ride one way. I am a little scared of it, the seat of my tenere is not very comfortable it's going to be my longest trip I ever done. I know its going to hurt, I am planning on leaving the night before and do the first 124miles and then sleep there. The next day I will leave at 6 am and do the remaining 249 miles. I have to make it to work for 12pm so I should have a extra hour for rest along the way. On the way back (10 days later) I will have the whole day to make home but I will take the lake superior drive (hwy 17) which is a beautiful drive along lake superior and it is only 1h longer for a total of 447 miles. I bought some padded shorths so hopefully they help... I should just bite the bullet and buy a comfort seat but I don't want to spend the money at this time.

After that I am putting my pirelli MT21 Rallycross looking forward to try these offroad!!

View attachment 865122

View attachment 865123

View attachment 865125
Sounds like great fun !

Hopefully you won't need spikes ! Wishing good weather for your trip.

Long day on the way back, but if you have time for a few pics - perhaps post up on ADVrider, and drop the link here ?

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,887  
Sounds like great fun !

Hopefully you won't need spikes ! Wishing good weather for your trip.

Long day on the way back, but if you have time for a few pics - perhaps post up on ADVrider, and drop the link here ?

Rgds, D.
yeah for sure I am counting on this weather to be over by then, if its snowing it won't be happening. ADV rider ? I will have to check it out I don't know what that is but I will definitely take some bike with nice scenery background pictures along the way.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,888  
I've been enjoying my new to me Ducati, I've put 1k miles on this thing already despite a very moist spring. My 1983 Honda XL600R in the background with 6k miles on it.
IMG_1710.jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,889  
ADV rider ? I will have to check it out I don't know what that is but I will definitely take some bike with nice scenery background pictures along the way.

Lots of great info there for bike riders, especially in the Forums.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,890  

Lots of great info there for bike riders, especially in the Forums.
Thanks I will check it out but I am on a tenere forum already and I am getting used to it, the site is pretty quiet tho but it is specialize for tenere so I don't want to quite that one and I don't want to be on too many forum ether but I will check it out.