3-Point Hitch who uses a quick hitch adapter ?

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #11  
I bought one with the tractor. It makes things much easier on the back, knuckles, etc. I had to add bushings to the chipper and the dealer put them on the ballast box. I grew up wrestling 3PH arms on and off various implements behind my father's old Ford 9N so I know what it's like without it. I'd say get one if you can swing it.

Quick Hitch.jpg

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #12  
I have the SpeedCo cat.I quick attach. I have midified it, so it will fit as well on my cat II three point on my UDT.
This said, I still have to use it... I have a couple implements that will not fit, for the main reason that they are not compatible, so some cut and weld will need to be done on them. One of them is my inverted snowblower. Then, the other problem, is that the PTO shaft is too short. Also, like Piston said, you will need a bunch of sleeeves, so the cat I hitch pins will fit nice and snug on the Quick Hitch cat III ceceiver. More money to spend here. Also, some implements are not made to go on a quick hitch. I beleive the three point hitch auger is one of them. On the other hand, the quick hitch is very sweet comes time to hook up the rototiller, and the back blade as well. As mentioned by RoyJackson, they throw back your implements by three to five inches. It may create some imbalance with heavy implements. And when you turn, they may bang into something more readily. After extensively researching the other "quick hitch" avenues, it apears that the Jiffy Hitch ("V" type) are way ahead in terms of speed and easyness. The major drawback, is that it is a proprietary system. Absolutely all your implements need to be fully converted. All of your tractors need to be retrofitted with this system, unless you use one specific tractor, with one specific implement. When done, there is no turning back... It is a big price to pay, for what could be a huge gain. As allways, it all depends...

Last edited:
   / who uses a quick hitch adapter ?
I have the SpeedCo cat.I quick attach. I have midified it, so it will fit as well on my cat II three point on my UDT.
This said, I still have to use it... I have a couple implements that will not fit, for the main reason that they are not compatible, so some cut and weld will need to be done on them. One of them is my inverted snowblower. Then, the other problem, is that the PTO shaft is too short. Also, like Piston said, you will need a bunch of sleeeves, so the cat I hitch pins will fit nice and snug on the Quick Hitch cat III ceceiver. More money to spend here. Also, some implements are not made to go on a quick hitch. I beleive the three point hitch auger is one of them. On the other hand, the quick hitch is very sweet comes time to hook up the rototiller, and the back blade as well. As mentioned by RoyJackson, they throw back your implements by three to five inches. It may create some imbalance with heavy implements. And when you turn, they may bang into something more readily. After extensively researching the other "quick hitch" avenues, it apears that the I Match ("V" type) are way ahead in terms of speed and easyness. The major drawback, is that it is a proprietary system. Absolutely all your implements need to be fully converted. All of your tractors need to be retrofitted with this system, unless you use one specific tractor, with one specific implement. When done, there is no turning back... It is a big price to pay, for what could be a huge gain. As allways, it all depends...

Thanks for the info.. vetr useful. I myself have been wrestling these attachments sense i was a kid and i have had enough.. my poor old back ect ect ect. Thanks again

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #14  
I have the Harbor Freight QH. I would not want to live without it. My box blade, boom pole and trailer hitch receiver are completely compatible. I need the adjustable hook to make my log splitter work and I had to spend an hour or so modifying my snowblower to make it work. Completely worth it.

I have the Harbor Freight QH. I would not want to live without it. My box blade, boom pole and trailer hitch receiver are completely compatible. I need the adjustable hook to make my log splitter work and I had to spend an hour or so modifying my snowblower to make it work. Completely worth it.

Thanks for the info,
Frank

Thanks for the info and taking your time to help me understand all the issues. I am looking at the Pat's system also a little less dough and not as much structure to get around..
Frank

Thanks for you input very helpful
Frank

thanks for the help.. BTW: good looking machine in your shop..
fdrr

Thanks for the moral support ,Pinetree 10, BTW: nice looking Machine
fdrr

/ who uses a quick hitch adapter ? #20  
Thanks for the info and taking your time to help me understand all the issues. I am looking at the Pat's system also a little less dough and not as much structure to get around..
Frank

I have Pat's on one of my tractors and would not buy it again. It doesn't seem to gain me much.