Who want to chat about plasma cutters?

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #41  
What model HT are you using that can sense material thickness?

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app
Not in the shop to look and it's too dam hot to go outside but the one I have I bought 10 years ago and it was over 6 grand. Like wit most things, you get what you pay for and that includes plasma cutters.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters?
Although mine is red, it is the same model. I wouldn't get one that didn't have pilot arc. I'm not that good! www.uwelding.com is their website. Supposed to do up to 5/8", I know it will do up 1/2" from using mine. Never had to do heavier.
Can you drag with it? On Amazon, I think I read they don't offer drag tips.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #43  
Forgive my ignorance, but a Plasma Cutter sounds as useless as a Hot Water Heater. Why would you need to cut plasma?

😀

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #44  
Forgive my ignorance, but a Plasma Cutter sounds as useless as a Hot Water Heater. Why would you need to cut plasma?

😀
Because not all plasma conduits are the same size. Sometimes you have to cut the plasma down to fit. Just like sending the smaller people into the Jeffries tubes.....

I have the Lotos with the pilot arc but don't remember the model number off the top of my head. A little bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it consumables last a lot longer. Considering the amount of stuff I have cut up with it over the years and the price of oxy/act. plus bottle rental it has paid for itself many times over. If it died tomorrow it wouldn't owe me anything. I think it was about $450 from NewEgg . com of all places. I couldn't justify the $$ of a big name unit and took a gamble on this one. Sometimes you win one.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #45  
   / Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #46  

😀
Because there hard to fit into a hot dog if they arnt cut down.

Hypertherm 45 love it. They make what everyone else copies. Long consumables life.

Water separator on compressor, coalescing filter inlet and has it’s own coalescing self draining filter internal. Dry air a must.

Use 911 Motorsports stencils and tub cutting table. View attachment 752801
That's an interesting welding table!

😀
You gotta cut it and fork it, before you eat it.

I'm leaning toward Bestarc BTC500DP. It's got same specs/features as the Lotos, but is way cheaper.

Mike Festiva has review of it:

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #50  
For an extra $45 if buying through amazon you can get a four year warranty added at check out.

Watched the review, I agree with him on running the unit hard and often out of the gate, especially if you forgo the extra warranty.
I did not buy ant extra warranty with my LOTOS so I ran it hard for the first 3 weeks.

If any of the Caps, power MOSFETs, IGBT's or rectifiers aren't up to snuff the best way to expose them is to work the cutter.
That unit uses the SG55 / AG60 consumables They are very reasonably priced.
Good Luck on whatever you decide.