Why are my loader cylinders out of sync?

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #41  
Not having a torque tube between the two SSQA halves seems like it would make attaching a front implement more difficult.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #42  
Not having a torque tube between the two SSQA halves seems like it would make attaching a front implement more difficult.
It might be, but just fully retract to get the halves lined up, then go forward and extend to put both against the attachment and latch like always

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #43  
If I get "out of plane" what I end up doing is approach the bucket carefully, and check to see which arm is "forward" more than the other. Then initiate contact with the forward arm.
Then either inch forward a bit more to force the forward arm back, (and simultaneously extend the laggard) or give the curl function a very slight motion, to extend the arm that is behind.
If the forks are sitting on snow, the curl bump works better, because pushing on the forward arm against the bucket with the HST wants to just slide the attachment away from me.

JWR, I'm sure mine works this way. I'll go out and get a few pics of the pivot points. I'll need a ladder, because the front blower is on and I don't remove the loader. I just remove the bucket, raise it up high enough to walk under yet allow the tractor to fit under the upper header on the garage door, then I hydraulic lock the arms in that raised position. The curl hoses are unhooked (they rotate my chute on the blower) so I won't be able to demonstrate any movement.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #44  
JWR and others:
My humble apologies to JWR for misleading him and any others following this thread.
I DO have a connecting shaft on my SSQA loader. Because the pin bolts are pretty sloppy, it APPEARED that there was no connection.
I will attempt to attach a couple pics showing how far out of plane the arms can get. Not as far out as I had remembered, I guess.

Attachments

• D5936F7C-E9A1-48EA-8125-781CEAC26599.jpeg
    D5936F7C-E9A1-48EA-8125-781CEAC26599.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 203C9F44-F37A-4DDF-9B03-AEA5A217B022.jpeg
    203C9F44-F37A-4DDF-9B03-AEA5A217B022.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 92
  • F889CF54-E99D-45DA-9CA5-DEC7E9C6419B.jpeg
    F889CF54-E99D-45DA-9CA5-DEC7E9C6419B.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 94
   / Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #45  
Is that called the torque tube or timing rod? I always thought the torque tube was the big tube between the loader arms. I think JD calls that a timing rod. Symmantics I guess. Jds timing rod has shear pins. The one on my old 5310 loader sheared the pins and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. Makes attaching implements a challenge.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #46  
Kubota who was way out front in equipping their loaders with skid-steer compatible interfaces long before the rest AND much stronger and looking like it was designed-in too.
Not sure that's true that Kubota had SSQA long before the others
SSQA was an option back 2001 on my Kioti DK.
They were standard equipment on many models by 2005 or 2006.
Picture of the SSQA I got as an option back in 2001

Attachments

• HPIM1479.JPG
    HPIM1479.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 100

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #47  
Modified M5030 loader in the early 1990’s with a used Bobcat quicktach, ssqa. The Bobcat owner said IR owned Bobcat and Woods. Woods used the ssqa mount option just before patent rights ended.

The bobtach ssqa was heavily built with the curl single cylinder attached in center. Never any torque tube trouble. Easy mod to fit tractor and ssqa brush log grapple was a game changer. Still using the grapple.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #48  
Modifying a SSQA to fit a Kubota, and Kubota actually offering SSQA as an option or standard equipment on their tractors are 2 different things
Not sure what tractor mfg. first offered SSQA, but I don't believe it was Kubota.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #49  
Modifying a SSQA to fit a Kubota, and Kubota actually offering SSQA as an option or standard equipment on their tractors are 2 different things
Not sure what tractor mfg. first offered SSQA, but I don't believe it was Kubota.

I’m not sure which tractor manufacturer had ssqa first either. Didn’t take long before most offered the option after the patent ended. Woods apparently was one of first aftermarket loader manufacturers. Lot of corporate buying and selling back then.

/ Why are my loader cylinders out of sync? #50  
Just drive against something and get them even. Carry on...